• March 28, 2024, 02:50:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Gmail Setup  (Read 16487 times)

robalex117

• Level 1 Member
Gmail Setup
« on: January 30, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »

I am trying to have the camera email me images.

For gmail setup I am using
SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587
User myemail@gmail.com
Password my password
SSl-TLS   SSL-TLS

Is there something wrong with this setup?

robalex117

• Level 1 Member
Re: Gmail Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »

Found out the port is 465.  All works now.  Searching on google in different places they reference two different port numbers.

jims123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:06:29 PM »

Found out the port is 465.  All works now.  Searching on google in different places they reference two different port numbers.

Thanks very much for posting this.. i have a gmail account and will try doing it soon.. i also tried setting up using my regular username@cox.net account and it locked both my wife's and my e-mail account on the PC out over night with a "too many bad commands" error .. I'd been trying to set up the cam to trigger and use the .smtp port to send... and cox detected and locked out all my send e-mail over night coming from my network.. fortunately it auto cleared itself in the morning.   GMAIL would be better since I'm assuming it's less likely to grab my ISP's attention i think..  JimS
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:10:01 PM by jims123 »

moods75

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:36:12 PM »

I have the same problem . Can't setup gmail. Every timr I input smpt.gemail.com and hit save I get " smpt can't be empty"
help please.