• April 27, 2024, 08:21:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Have searched this forum, no luck finding my answer.  (Read 2374 times)

JeffKinzer

• Level 1 Member
Have searched this forum, no luck finding my answer.
« on: March 01, 2011, 06:14:51 AM »

I'm looking for a new router, have already tried a Cisco and a Netgear (both higher end), neither of which satisfy my needs.  Initially I was told to check into this router, but could not find one local.  Now I am back to this one, and I will mail order it, however I'd like to get his question answered first.

Im looking for a wireless router that has sophisticated access restrictions.  I have 2 boys, both of which have a computer and an xbox.  And 3 adults in the house.  I want to be able to continue to use dynamic ip's but be able to reserve the addresses, so I can put in specific schedules and rules ip based, of when the internet, websites, etc can be accessed.  And the schedules need to be day by day based, not one rule where it says 12pm to 9pm everyday.  Friday needs to be more flexible then M-R, Saturday needs to be less flexible then friday, but more flexible then M-R..etc..

Are there any screenshots available for this router that can show me what is available, or perhaps a demo of the router setup?

bryants1

• Level 1 Member
Re: Have searched this forum, no luck finding my answer.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:43:21 AM »

I've done this for my son. I've cut the internet access on his pc and Xbox due to him needing to get to sleep for school. From 10:30pm until 6am the next morning, neither can get to the internet. There are no restrictions for Friday or Saturday. I can't post a screen shot here, but you'll have to goto Tools\Schedules and make your schedule. Then goto Advanced\Access Control and create a Policy to use the Schedule.

JeffKinzer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:56:41 AM »

Thanks for the info, how many different schedules can you make?  And policies?

bryants1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »

Not sure of the maximum numbers. I've had as many as 3 of each though.