• March 28, 2024, 03:57:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 - Comments & Observations  (Read 64191 times)

Sad User

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »

Some additional input and assumptions.

* The "static" photos seem to trigger the emails but could the other emails that are received which are not triggered by motion detection be triggered by these "static" occurrences?  As the photos are only every 0.5 to 1 second, could the static have occurred between the snapshots?  If this is the case even though the "static" email photo may not be included in the 6 photos received,  they could still all be triggered by this "static" image occurrence.

* As I remember someone else mentioning, I tried connecting the units thru LAN hardwire (Cat5e cable) and they work just fine.  The issue seems to relate to wireless signals but note that this is occurring only for my 933L units.  my 932L units and 5020L unit when put into the same location work just fine.  So although due to wireless, I believe it is a specific issue inside the 933L.  This occurs for all 3 of my 933L units.  Also note that when I connect through hardwire, I have to readjust the sensitivity back to about 60-70% for the unit to work properly.

The 933L unit is a faulty product.  Although they are currently on discount I strongly recommend that people do not buy.  The 932L (at least the remaining inventory) as well as the 5020L would be a much better choice.  Also the 5020L as it has the pan and tilt can cover for 2-3 of the 933L units depending on where you place it which justifies it's higher price.

I hope D-Link fixes this as I am at the point of considering on switching my entire IP cameras over to another brand even if it is throwing away my entire d-link camera investment.  "Unreliable" is the word that I think of nowadays when I think of "D-Link".

From a previous loyal customer

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »

* As I remember someone else mentioning, I tried connecting the units thru LAN hardwire (Cat5e cable) and they work just fine.  The issue seems to relate to wireless signals but note that this is occurring only for my 933L units.  my 932L units and 5020L unit when put into the same location work just fine.  So although due to wireless, I believe it is a specific issue inside the 933L.  This occurs for all 3 of my 933L units.  Also note that when I connect through hardwire, I have to readjust the sensitivity back to about 60-70% for the unit to work properly.

The DCS-931L also suffers from this same issue. The DCS-931L and DCS-933L are identical save the Night Mode.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

gajego

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »

But I am not the only one. Please read the posts. I don't think it has anything to do with interference from other electrical devices or the power lines themselves. Please inform if there are more complains with the same problem and if they are working on an update. I need to know if I must wait for an update or return the cam. I reported this issue twice at the dlink support site but no reaction. Can you please inform...

Grt.

I am also having exactly same issues.  The false triggeres due to artifacts (they appear either in color os b/W) are happening for me 12-14 an hour which lead me to disable the motion detection. This renders the camera pretty useless ...  What I do not understand is why the 942L has no issue, and the 933 and 931 does?  Is that so complicated for D-Link to release a product consistent among their models?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 06:55:42 AM »

I am also having exactly same issues.  The false triggeres due to artifacts (they appear either in color os b/W) are happening for me 12-14 an hour which lead me to disable the motion detection. This renders the camera pretty useless ...  What I do not understand is why the 942L has no issue, and the 933 and 931 does?  Is that so complicated for D-Link to release a product consistent among their models?

The DCS-931L and DCS-933L are essentially the same camera with the exception of Night Mode (DCS-933L only). Meanwhile, the DCS-930L, DCS-932L, and DCS-942L are all very similar to each other, but are from the previous generation of D-Link cameras. The hardware from the 931L/933L should not be compared to the 930L/932L/942L.

Again, D-Link is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. If I receive any updates,  I will post them in the DCS-931L and DCS-933L boards for all to see.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2014, 05:49:55 AM »

D-Link expanded the release notes for the latest DCS-933L firmware version 1.03b08 (security update). There are additional changes that were not documented in the first set of release notes: DCS-933L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes

There are two particular bug fixes that leave me wondering if the issue described in this thread was addressed. The release notes entries are a bit ambiguous:

• [Bug Fix] Adjust sensor settings for video flash issue happened sometimes
  • [Bug Fix] Fix bad frame issue happened sometimes

I'm not sure how to interpret this. . .  :-\

Have any DCS-933L owners who updated with the security update noticed any improvement on the image artifacts discussed in this thread?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:52:01 AM by JavaLawyer »

Banneke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »

I've updated two camera's of the eight I use and had ZERO false detections or false triggers in the last 24 hours..  :o  ;D

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 11:22:42 AM »

I also updated my cam and also zero false detections the last days. I hope it stays this way. I am positive.  ;D

Finally after more than 4 months.

Pppfff

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 11:54:18 AM »

I also updated my cam and also zero false detections the last days. I hope it stays this way. I am positive.  ;D

Finally after more than 4 months.

Pppfff

Great news! I presume you are referring to FW v1.03 as this thread refers to v1.02b05.

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 12:01:13 PM »

Yes 1.03  :)

Banneke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »

Me too 1.03
I'm very very happy!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2014, 12:41:22 PM »

Me too 1.03
I'm very very happy!!

I'm glad to hear it! That makes two people.  I'll take a third person as validation (any takers?)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:50:54 PM by JavaLawyer »

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:00 AM »

I can tell you that the v1.03b08 is much better. I'm running 640x480 - H.264 - 1.5Mbps - fps30.
I mail my motion detected (40%) movies, 8 seconds, to keep the avi size acceptable. And I upload the motion detected movies (15 seconds) to a FTP server. Until now no false detections.  ;D

I think they did a good job. Unfortunately without any communication during the development process. I still think that's a very bad think D-Link!!!! We were waiting 4 months without any status update.  >:(

Greetings.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »

I can tell you that the v1.03b08 is much better. I'm running 640x480 - H.264 - 1.5Mbps - fps30.
I mail my motion detected (40%) movies, 8 seconds, to keep the avi size acceptable. And I upload the motion detected movies (15 seconds) to a FTP server. Until now no false detections.  ;D

Thanks for your continued feedback. I hope other DCS-933L owners post their experience as well to validate that everything has in fact been resolved. I'd feel more confident proclaiming success with at least three people offering similar results.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]