The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Hubs and Switches

d-link dgs-1016d download problems

<< < (2/3) > >>

FurryNutz:
So if the DGS is take out of the path, and you connect both at your normal wall out let and directly behind the main host router, speeds are fine?

Is there any form of a factory reset on the DGS?

Try a different switch as a test to see if problem still happens or not.

I would make contact with D-Link support about this.

GreenBay42:
Can you take the laptop to the switch and directly connect to it bypassing the BKS/RJ-45 connectors and test the speed?

washkam:
Yes I can do that, in fact my server is right next to the whole thing and so I tried it already, but nothing  changed, it does realy seem like the switch and the router won't realy go along each other, could that be a possibility? I'll look if I have some other switch to try out. And I have no idea if the switch does have some kind of "factory reset" option, I might try to look into that too. Thing is, I graduated using some Catalyst from Cisco so I'm realy only used to debug via console and switch programation ^^'

FurryNutz:
Ok, this is an unmanaged switch so I don't think there is any reset buttons. Should be all PnP and nothing switch wise to impact speeds.

I would try the switch at a different location with different router/modem. If same thing happens there, probably switch is bad.

Definitely try a different switch at this location and see what happens.

Anything is possible.

washkam:
Yhea I thought about doing that, I'll try to buy a super cheap standard 6p 100Mbps switch and see if anything changes, thanks a lot for all your answers guys, I'll try to keep you updated !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version