• April 27, 2024, 05:40:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Just purchased - few questions  (Read 2269 times)

britinva

• Level 1 Member
Just purchased - few questions
« on: December 06, 2014, 04:52:36 PM »

So just purchased a DCS-932L..... some questions

1) Is it possible to stop the 4 red lights on front of camera? Or are they there for night vision or something?

2) Seems you cannot set a start monitoring time of 23:00 with end 07:00..... is that a bug?

3) If there no way to set a monitoring schedule with motion detection? i.e. only send to FTP during monitoring time if motion or sound?

Cheers,
Mark

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Just purchased - few questions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:05:50 AM »

So just purchased a DCS-932L..... some questions

1) Is it possible to stop the 4 red lights on front of camera? Or are they there for night vision or something?

2) Seems you cannot set a start monitoring time of 23:00 with end 07:00..... is that a bug?

3) If there no way to set a monitoring schedule with motion detection? i.e. only send to FTP during monitoring time if motion or sound?

Cheers,
Mark

Here's a partial answer:

1. The IR illuminators are used for Night Mode. If you disable Night Mode, the IR illuminators won't glow, but the camera won't see in the dark. If you set Night Mode to "Auto", then the IR Illuminators will only turn on when the light level drops below a preset threshold.

2. That's the way the scheduling works. The scheduler can't roll into the next day.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

britinva

• Level 1 Member
Re: Just purchased - few questions
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »

Thanks for response.

Seems using iSpy software way to go as can set schedule combine with motion detection and capture video.