• March 28, 2024, 04:07:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492729 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

FYI- See: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50721.0 - This might be the fix for that issue.

Have any of these other points been raised with D-Link via the online support portal? They're normally pretty good for responding to these sorts of issues. I would especially expect the password bug to be well supported through the portal due to potential security implications.

The current firmware, v1.04b05 is more recent than the link you provided to firmware v1.04b01.  Have you tested v1.04b05 to see of the changes in v1.04b01 are inclusive?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2012, 07:13:52 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display firmware version build number in web interface
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]

snav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2012, 03:04:01 AM »

On my wishlist:
Motion detection
Some other d-link ip-cameras have a better, more fine-grained "recognition-grid" that contains more "blocks" Would like to have more blocks to being able to choose smaller/narrower parts of the screen.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2012, 04:44:23 AM »

On my wishlist:
Motion detection
Some other d-link ip-cameras have a better, more fine-grained "recognition-grid" that contains more "blocks" Would like to have more blocks to being able to choose smaller/narrower parts of the screen.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2012, 04:46:15 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2012, 04:52:52 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection

egonvdv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »

I don't think it's been suggested yet here, but what i really want/needis Samba support.
without it the camera i useless to me...
i just assumed it would have it when i bought it (my old dcs-2121 supports it)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »

I don't think it's been suggested yet here, but what i really want/needis Samba support.
without it the camera i useless to me...
i just assumed it would have it when i bought it (my old dcs-2121 supports it)

That's already on the list:

• General - SMB Support
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:29:49 PM by JavaLawyer »

egonvdv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »

Ah sorry, didn't know that stands for Samba.Bt how does this wishlist work. Does dlink actualy take notice..?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

D-Link is aware of this list, although I can't comment on how much input we've had on subsequent firmware updates.  :-\

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2012, 04:38:52 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2012, 08:35:44 AM »

1) Fix the Time-zone issue.  Every time you change the timezone the device gets confused.

2) The other issue is that I wish these supported secure logins, AFAIK they are plain text, not over SSL.
This should be a quick fix to allow this over SSL, port 443...

3) Add a feature that would allow motion detect only during certain hours, like so many other vendors do (like even FosCam).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2012, 08:41:36 AM »

1) Fix the Time-zone issue.  Every time you change the timezone the device gets confused.

2) The other issue is that I wish these supported secure logins, AFAIK they are plain text, not over SSL.
This should be a quick fix to allow this over SSL, port 443...

3) Add a feature that would allow motion detect only during certain hours, like so many other vendors do (like even FosCam).

Items two and three are already listed.  Can you elaborate on the timezone issue? Are other users reporting a similar issue?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2012, 05:33:05 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2012, 07:07:55 AM »

Items two and three are already listed.  Can you elaborate on the timezone issue? Are other users reporting a similar issue?

You can change the time zone, or the offset, then change it back, then hit save, and it will have the wrong time, or it will display the correct time on that page, until you start watching video, and then the Video time is off...  same on the DCS-930L.  If syncing to say north-america.pool.ntp.org (or another verified working varient) it NEVER syncs to the right time (it does on all windows boxes and any other device I ever tried).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20