• April 16, 2024, 05:32:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320 printer server not working  (Read 14699 times)

Look30

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320 printer server not working
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »

I have installed today the DNS 320 and everything works fine except the print server.
I am trying to use an HP LaserJet 1018 but when I try to add it in windows it say unknown printer so I added the drivers manually.
When I try to print tough nothing happens , the print request goes to the printer but that's about it.
I looked inside the UI in NAS but there is nothing about the printer configuration.
The information screen shown the printer as connected and the correct name of the printer.

Please help as this Printer Server was one of my favorite features when I purchased the NAS.

NAS came with FW 2.0

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: DNS-320 printer server not working
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »

HP LaserJet 1018 printer is a Host based printer (GDI). GDI printers do not work on Print servers because they require the host connected device to hold the firmware to operate the printer. The issue is that essentially your sending a command to the NAS that is has no idea what to do with since it is not PCL printing. In order to share printers like that one you need a print server with the drivers built in essentially.

Look30

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »

HP LaserJet 1018 printer is a Host based printer (GDI). GDI printers do not work on Print servers because they require the host connected device to hold the firmware to operate the printer. The issue is that essentially your sending a command to the NAS that is has no idea what to do with since it is not PCL printing. In order to share printers like that one you need a print server with the drivers built in essentially.

ouch !!!!

Thanks for the advice, it will save me a LOT of time :)

Nerach

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 05:36:38 AM »

And there's a bug as well....

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=37995.0