• March 28, 2024, 11:23:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to send email from event trigger with DCS-5300G B1  (Read 4281 times)

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
Unable to send email from event trigger with DCS-5300G B1
« on: April 03, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »

I own a DCS5300G that used to work perfectly when a motion sensed event was triggered.  Email would appear on my phone, and I could view the attached vidcaps to see the intruder(s).

Since most smtp servers have changed their default port to 587, the camera fails to connect to any smtp I specify.

I see a firmware update for the B2 versions of this camera add an option to designate a port, but do I have any solution to this problem (besides spending another $389 to get a rev B2 cam)?

I realize the new V3 Dview software does work, but I'd rather let the cam do all the work instead of leaving my computer on 24/7 to do the email task!  :(

Can we get a firmware update for B1 cameras?  Please?  The DCS-5300G has not been EOL'd, and there may still be plenty of B1 firmware cams lying around in stock in warehouses!!

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Unable to send email from event trigger with DCS-5300G B1
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:23:20 AM »

I can forward a request to Product management and if approved it may be implemented in later a firmware update.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
Re: Unable to send email from event trigger with DCS-5300G B1
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:39:14 AM »

Many thanks ECF!  All we need is the capability to specify which smtp port to use in the camera...

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com