• March 28, 2024, 11:15:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: help me please. D-link 5300G camera?  (Read 8378 times)

andrew

• Level 1 Member
help me please. D-link 5300G camera?
« on: August 05, 2009, 01:42:37 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a D-Link DCS-5300G camera from the ebay.  It is Revision B with firmware 2.01.  Install wizard 1.7 and IP Surveillance program 2.21

Here are a few problems:

1) The camera is very hot about up 50 degree celcius after operating for about 1 hour.  Does it suppose to be that hot?

2)  I try to set the motion dectection. When I go to IP Surveillance program to set for the "scheduler", but it is NOT available there.  What is wrong? I follow the FAQ from D-link website.

3) How come the built-in microphone of this camera makes a lot of cracking noise, and it almost freezes my IE browser when the microphone is turned on?  What is wrong with this?

Thank you very much
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:24:19 PM by andrew »

andrew

• Level 1 Member
Re: help me please. D-link 5300G camera?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »

Anyone, who uses D-link DCS-5300G camera, can answer the questions # 1 and 3.  Question # 2 about IP surveillance program, I already know how to configure it with my camera.  D-link software is terrible.  The camera is not easy to configure for it to work, and the software is complicated and confused.  This is my first D-Link device, but it is probably the last one.   :'( :'( :'(

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

They can get a little warm. I would recommend checking out the D-ViewCam software. You can get at the support website at dlink.com. IP surveillance is our old software.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

andrew

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 06:12:02 PM »

They can get a little warm.

Thank you for your reply.  You say it only gets a "little warm."  So my D-link camera has a problem, right?  what about the cracking noise when the built-in microphone is turned on.  Is that normal?

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:56:22 PM »

I just set Motion detection remotely from the camera's settings via the internet.  Works great! 

I have my cell retrieve emails regularly, and when I see them coming in from the camera, I know someone is in the house and can view the stills taken and emailed to me.

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

andrew

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »

I just set Motion detection remotely from the camera's settings via the internet.  Works great! 

I have my cell retrieve emails regularly, and when I see them coming in from the camera, I know someone is in the house and can view the stills taken and emailed to me.

WyreNut

Is the built-in microphone of your camera working good?  The built-in microphone of mine camera has the cracking noise, and the internet explorer is almost frozen when the micriophone is turned on.  If I mute the microphone, the browser is working fine.

Did you try to touch the camera's base after it operated for an hour?  How hot is it?

thank you for your response

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 06:37:53 AM »

The built-in mic does work very well when viewed through a web browser (IE8 since Firefox doesn't support Active-X).

And yes, the base does stay quite warm to the touch while energized.  I have the camera mounted on a small stand designed for security cams.  This raises it about 5" off the surface, and I imagine it helps cool it down a little.

Have you tried using an external mic plugged into the jack in the back?

WyreNut

andrew

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 07:59:40 AM »

Thank you WyreNut for the response.  So I think that the hotness of mine camera is not the problem.  I already tried to leave it on for about 6 hours and its temperature is about the same after operating 1 hour.
I haven't tried the external microphone.  I also plan to try it with the external microphone, but right now I don't have one, so I will try it later.
By the way, what the revision of your camera? A, B1, or B2?  Oh, do you think we can use the Yahoo or Hotmail email account to receive the notice from this camera?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:01:32 AM by andrew »

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 02:25:48 PM »

Thank you WyreNut for the response.  So I think that the hotness of mine camera is not the problem.  I already tried to leave it on for about 6 hours and its temperature is about the same after operating 1 hour.
I haven't tried the external microphone.  I also plan to try it with the external microphone, but right now I don't have one, so I will try it later.
By the way, what the revision of your camera? A, B1, or B2?  Oh, do you think we can use the Yahoo or Hotmail email account to receive the notice from this camera?

My Camera is a B1 Revision.  I was sad to see the B2 update, but nothing for B1's... :(  My camera reboots daily by itself, and often will let me log into it remotely but later in the day it seems to go offline.  I've never seen a way to "log off" as an Admin/User.

As long as you set up the cam with the right smtp server, you can tell it to send to any email address!  For example, since I'm using Comcast as my ISP, I use smtp.comcast.net as the smtp, (in the Configuration/Mail&FTP settings from the "Advanced" tab up top when logging into the cam via a browser) and then my email addy.  My phone grabs email from this account on a regular time schedule. 

WyreNut