• March 29, 2024, 12:42:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Problem with connectivity dropping intermitantly  (Read 51998 times)

neb

• Level 2 Member
Re: Problem with connectivity dropping intermitantly
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »

I have the same issue. I've had this router for a couple years. I had issues from day 1 (see prior posts), but now it's worse. I've seen reviews about overheating issues, but I don't know if that's the case.

Hardware Version: B1 Firmware Version: 2.01

Recently (for a month or so), I've had the Internet "clogging" issue as described. It would occur when opening several Web pages at once. The logs showed most of the traffic was UDP DNS lookup (port 53), so I installed a local DNS caching server on the two computers on this network, and configured them to only look up 1 address at a time. I've also tried this with DNS Relay on and off. It might be a little better, but the router can still become "clogged" for several minutes at a time.

I suspected it might be an issue with UDP traffic in general, as my VOIP phone also has issues with this router (choppy/dropped calls) and other UDP traffic can cause Web browsing to become non-responsive.

Just wanted to add my experience and investigation to the list. No solutions yet. Any more recent news?

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »

Lately most hosting services and web-developers use the 'parallel' method of sending out data/webpages.
For this reason, now, more than ever, will the EBR-2310 'clog up' because of the slow release of 'stale' sessions. I too did have the B1 V2.01, but it now functions perfectly as a doorstop.

After moving to the competition I never needed to look back... Shame, as for the rest it is a nice router.

jamec9869

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 01:55:08 AM »

I've the same problem

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 07:47:59 PM »

Now, if D-Link, the company, would bring out new (good working) firmware to overcome this issue (either shorten the interval of holding on to sessions, or enlarge the pool dramatically), then I would, together with all current and new (yea, it still is for sale) owners jump back on the band-wagon, just to enjoy the good-working-again router, as nothing else is really an issue with this Beetle of the routers.

underdog

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »

Here it is in August, 2011 and I am seeing the same problem and I have the same firmware 2.01

I am going to return the D-Link tomorrow. The salesman had nice words for the company, but apparently those were inaccurate.

In particular, I see DNS failures after a few minutes following a successful reboot. I went back to my beat up old LinkSys and it works fine, albeit slowly. I will poke around on these forums a bit more, but I am guessing that the DLINK EBR-2310 is now an obsolete piece of junk, at least for a home user on Time Warner Roadrunner.

underdog

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 08:38:52 AM »

I did end up returning the router. I won't be using D-Link again since it's clear they're willing to sell and not *support* things that were failing years ago. There are too many other competitors that try harder to meet expectations.

bmoore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 11:31:57 PM »

Same problem.  The EBR-2310 had functioned well for about 6 months then started dropping the internet for a short time when multiple computers accessed webpages at or about the same time.  Streaming devices didn't seem to cause as much problem.  After suffering with this problem for about 3 months here is what I did to resolve the issue:

Solution to my problem - Change my DNS server from my ISP's default setting (Telus-Alberta-Canada) to OpenDNS (www.opendns.com).  Changed both the Primary DNS and the Secondary DNS.  Requires that you set up a free account, but also gives you lots of network usage data and strong controls to websites that you would like to block.

Now everything has been working well for +24hrs with lots of traffic and use that would have caused many internet not avail browser errors.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »

Having to change DNS servers would indicate a possible ISP DNS issue that should be addressed with the ISP. However using 3rd party DNS works too for back up.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 2 [3]