D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-822-US

How to disable WPS? WPS Security Issue. I'm vulnerable, and I can't turn it off.

<< < (6/6)

FurryNutz:
You'll need to set a Static IP address on the PC as well.  ;)

gusbh:

--- Quote from: GreenBay42 on December 15, 2017, 08:15:28 AM ---This issue is in review with the security group.

You can downgrade the firmware using emergency recovery. Hold the reset button down and unplug the power. Plug it back in while still holding in the reset button. Release after about 10 seconds. log into the router and a firmware load page should appear.

--- End quote ---

1-
Is there a link for this security group reviewing the issue?

2-
I also did a downgrade to 3.01. But used the same way to upgrade, and it worked fine. I did it to test the WPS again (falied), and specially because I could not use 5Ghz with my S8+ (g955fd) without having the router to restart it self couple times.

3-
As asked before, the support team here said....
Dear Mr. Gus

Good Morning,
To disable the WPS function of the router, simply push the button on the back of the device located next to the POWER button. After that, notice on the front if the third led from left to right is off, if it is, the WPS function is disabled.
Sorry, the default PIN password can not be changed. It will always be the password that is on the label attached to the equipment.

Any questions, please get in touch with us.
Regards,
E-mail Support
D-Link Brasil

4-
Any ETA for a new firmware?

5-
Just a guess. It seems that a simple change in the wps default password calculation math, or any really random number, would at least not be that easy to hack. The app seems to use some kind of calculation to "find" possible passwords, based on MAC address and so on....

Thanks!

gusbh:
Just to report the final answer from Brazil DLink support by e-mail.

Protocol: LTK1119403110946X
Subject: Message Offline (via LivePerson)

Dear Mr. Gus........,
Good Morning,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Please note that using version 3.01 or 3.02 you can not disable the WPS function and we do not have a firmware version available with this feature at this time.

Your comment is very welcome and will be sent to our quality sector so that the feasibility of improvement can be analyzed and verified.

Once again we regret the inconvenience.

Any questions, please get in touch with us.

Regards,
E-mail Support

D-Link Brasil
support@br.dlink.com
www.dlink.com.br
www.facebook.com/Dlinkbrasil

I hope to see some new firmware soon.  ;)

I would like to hear anything about dlink if possible, like.... Is at least the issue still under review by the tech team?
See yall.

GreenBay42:
This issue has been reported to the security team and hopefully a new firmware will be out soon. I do not have an ETA unfortunately but they are working on it.

GreenBay42:
Just to update the thread...

READ/Firmware --> https://supportannouncement.us.dlink.com/announcement/publication.aspx?name=SAP10103

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version