• April 17, 2024, 05:55:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Win7 can print to printer on DNS-323, Vista can't print - any ideas?  (Read 2238 times)

gordies

• Level 1 Member

Win 7 can see the DNS-323 as can the Vista PC.

The Win 7 pc can print to the printer on USB via DNS-323 with no problem at all.

The Vista PC can't even see the printer, even when I add on the IP address of the DNS-323.

Any ideas what I need to do so the Vista PC can print?

thanks !

Gordie

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Win7 can print to printer on DNS-323, Vista can't print - any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 07:41:01 AM »

It's either the Windows firewall on the Vista system - or - Vista and it's security peculiarities.  Unfortunately, not being a Vista user  ;D I can't help with either.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

gordies

• Level 1 Member
Re: Win7 can print to printer on DNS-323, Vista can't print - any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:31:59 AM »

It's either the Windows firewall on the Vista system - or - Vista and it's security peculiarities.  Unfortunately, not being a Vista user  ;D I can't help with either.

I sort of knew Vista would be the issue.

However, got a bit further now.  Vista will now see the \\Nas\lp and allow me to add the printer, so far so good.

I have disabled bi-directional but when I try to print it comes back with an error.

I have also run secpol.msc and enabled 'send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' but this has not made any difference.

So, I am getting there slowly but surely.