• March 28, 2024, 11:46:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517213 times)

hastla

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2013, 06:09:36 AM »

It is a must to control/change all ports (https & co) in web-admin. All bought cams are useless as for me now as I need port 443 for exchange (OWA) and finally all external exchange clients can`t log in anymore as 443 is blocked by the cams via router`s UPnP.

Funny thing 443 is portforwarded to the servers IP but the cams force the router, as trying to call the port till it`s opened by UPnP. One time opened, it`s  blocked - the UPnP-entry (443) blocks this port till I manual delet all entrys in table. Then external exchange clients are able to login again to the server.

So only solution is to control this port - change it camera side to another like you have it on other models!!!

Thanks - same I posted to the DCS-5222L as this model is also same firmware & have same bug!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »

It is a must to control/change all ports (https & co) in web-admin. All bought cams are useless as for me now as I need port 443 for exchange (OWA) and finally all external exchange clients can`t log in anymore as 443 is blocked by the cams via router`s UPnP.

Funny thing 443 is portforwarded to the servers IP but the cams force the router, as trying to call the port till it`s opened by UPnP. One time opened, it`s  blocked - the UPnP-entry (443) blocks this port till I manual delet all entrys in table. Then external exchange clients are able to login again to the server.

So only solution is to control this port - change it camera side to another like you have it on other models!!!

Thanks - same I posted to the DCS-5222L as this model is also same firmware & have same bug!

Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • [color]General - Option to change the ports used by the camera[/color]
  • General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/colo
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for passwords containing special characters
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

darkmann

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2013, 10:51:11 AM »

• It should possible, to set triggered duration of an uploaded FTP video clip to at least the same value (Seconds) as SD Recording. More would be nice.
  • Why is minimum range value of 'Send next FTP after' 10 seconds, why not less?? Why should there be a cap in recordings, if duration of triggered FTP is longer than maximum duration? Zero or 1 second as minimum value would be nice

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2013, 11:19:42 AM »

• It should possible, to set triggered duration of an uploaded FTP video clip to at least the same value (Seconds) as SD Recording. More would be nice.
  • Why is minimum range value of 'Send next FTP after' 10 seconds, why not less?? Why should there be a cap in recordings, if duration of triggered FTP is longer than maximum duration? Zero or 1 second as minimum value would be nice

Added....  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds.
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:19:31 AM by JavaLawyer »

paradigm

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »

I personally can't get the audio stream of my DCS-942L to work with any 3rd party application for the iphone.

If this could be fixed via firmware, then I'd like to see that on the wishlist.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2013, 04:37:17 AM »

I personally can't get the audio stream of my DCS-942L to work with any 3rd party application for the iphone.

If this could be fixed via firmware, then I'd like to see that on the wishlist.

Can others validate this issue? I think a more clearly defined request would be user access to the live audio stream, similar to to //[CAMERA_IP_ADDRESS/mjpeg.cgi/

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2013, 08:31:19 AM »

my wishlist for DCS-942L

General - Add option to have a scheduled reboot of the the DCS camera (E.g. every 5:00am) or maybe time interval.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:02 AM »

my wishlist for DCS-942L

General - Add option to have a scheduled reboot of the the DCS camera (E.g. every 5:00am) or maybe time interval.

Added...

A solution other users have used is to plug the DCS-942L into a house timer to force a daily reboot.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:08 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »

Are there DCS-942L owners that can validate whether any outstanding requests on this list were satisfied?

Thanks!  ;)

rabbitroger

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »

Searched the internet & this site for an hour with with no luck.
DCS-942L firmware ver 1.12
This form says we can email to more then 1 email address.
I have tried
Recipient E-mail Address    to one address works perfect.
trying to send to two address no luck.. tried
address,address
address;address
address+address
"address,address"
etc. etc.
Anyone have this info for me?
Thanks.

Max G.

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »

I want to propose option for quick setup recording.
Example: i go out at different time, and "shedule of record" not for me.

So i must:

1. Login on CAM1
2. Setup "Snapshot" by motion
3. Save, wait for save.
4. Then i go to "Video Clip" and perform step 3 again
5. The same story for "SD-recording

Maybe make some script like quickstart.cgi who ran a recording chamber. (I would have been able to run it from a smartphone via IP)

PS: Now I try to find a POST-request for the same actions

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »

I want to propose option for quick setup recording.
Example: i go out at different time, and "shedule of record" not for me.

So i must:

1. Login on CAM1
2. Setup "Snapshot" by motion
3. Save, wait for save.
4. Then i go to "Video Clip" and perform step 3 again
5. The same story for "SD-recording

Maybe make some script like quickstart.cgi who ran a recording chamber. (I would have been able to run it from a smartphone via IP)

PS: Now I try to find a POST-request for the same actions

Added...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19