• April 19, 2024, 02:49:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help with playlists  (Read 4017 times)

rhebs

Help with playlists
« on: March 29, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »

Hello,
I've had my DSM520 for a while and have never been able to get the playlist feature to work.  I just downloaded the new firmware 1.06, hoping it would help, but no joy.  I have only the active tv online running and have my music files shared.  When I go to the active tv online more program menu and select My Music menu, I can see all of the folders, but the playlist folder has the circle with a line through it like it's unavailable.  Can anybody help me here?  I've been making my playlists with WMP11 and noticed that they are .wpl type files.  What playlist file types can the DSM520 use and where should I put them.  I'm running the active tv online on latest XP Pro.  Music files are stored on external USB drive connected to active tv online PC.  Thanks for any help.

simoncutting

• Level 1 Member
Re: Help with playlists
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »

I had similar problems.  I found that the DSM-520 would support different file formats depending on how I was accessing the files (DLINK Media PC GUI supported one file format, network file system supported two formats m3u and wpl - I don't recall the exact details).  Anyway, I found that by saving the playlist in both formats (wpl and m3u) that the DSM-520 would recognize one of them.  WMP11 is a little unintuitive when it comes to working out how to save the playlist in a different format.  I am not sure what file format the USB method supports.

I didn't like using the USB because it shows all the album art files which clutter the display and I dumped the DLink PC Media GUI and used the instructions on the DLink support site for configuring WMP11 as the PC media server - works much better.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:06:03 PM »

rhebs

.m3u and .pls playlist files are supported but the DNS-520. have you tried using playlists stored on the local computer along with music stored on the local computer running the D-Link media server software or WMP11?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

rhebs

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried to put the playlist on the local computer.  No joy.  I even tried to put the playlists in their own folder and share that.  It may be the ActiveTv online software.  .m3u and .pls playlist files are supported but the DNS-520.

What does this mean?
".m3u and .pls playlist files are supported but the DNS-520."

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:41:52 PM »

.m3U and .pls are the playlist file extensions. have you tried only ActiveTV? Please try the Dlink media server or WMP11 as your media server sharing your playlists.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream