• March 19, 2024, 03:32:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can you browser the SD Card on the 942L?  (Read 4857 times)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Can you browser the SD Card on the 942L?
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »

This guy says he would have to go outside on a ladder and remove the SD card to view the footage.

I can browse on the 5222l, 2132l, and 2230.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V0fMj0kgj0

@4:50

skeletor

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can you browser the SD Card on the 942L?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:34:48 PM »

Yes, on the webpage under SD management you can pull off the files individually.  Also, when you set up motion detection, you can have it send short clips to a local FTP server of when it's triggered.  The SD can record continuously, but the clips will be at maximum 6 minutes in length.  I set mine for 5 minutes continuous and have 12 clips stored per hour on the SD.(they are organized by time and date)

Also, after watching that video I must say.... yes, generally all setup disks are for windows but I had no trouble setting it up from a more obscure OS....... it's a pretty common situation but you don't need an auto setup.  And he complains that it's too complex in the video for consumers, which is of course because people want to do more complex things without having to learn about them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:43:59 PM by skeletor »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:08:06 PM »

The videos on the SD overwrite each other when space runs out?

On my 2230/2132L I can confirm yes with 32GB cards... haven't tried the 5222L... no idea about the 924L.

I was just trying to call out the jackassery from this youtube guy putting dlink down... he has no damn clue with saying he'd have to go out on a ladder to view what's on his SD card. What a total assclown (this word is 100% free on WWE RAW as I picked it up from there).

I get a lot of staples or office depot ads to buy these dlink cameras, but now all these dropcam video ads are showing up(never searched them), and even if you go on youtube and search a dlink camera, you end up hitting dropcam cams on that page or the next page.

*but I did see the video of the dropcam with the realtor dude stealing dresses from a home.

skeletor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »

On my 2230/2132L I can confirm yes with 32GB cards... haven't tried the 5222L... no idea about the 924L.

I was just trying to call out the jackassery from this youtube guy putting dlink down... he has no damn clue with saying he'd have to go out on a ladder to view what's on his SD card. What a total assclown (this word is 100% free on WWE RAW as I picked it up from there).

I get a lot of staples or office depot ads to buy these dlink cameras, but now all these dropcam video ads are showing up(never searched them), and even if you go on youtube and search a dlink camera, you end up hitting dropcam cams on that page or the next page.

*but I did see the video of the dropcam with the realtor dude stealing dresses from a home.

Yep, same with this camera.  It overwrites the oldest ones. 
Dropcam must be doing a lot of heavy marketing. 
 I can tell you why the guy in the video is really returning it, he only purchased it to do his youtube video- I bet you a shiny nickel, this is very common these days..... what an asshat(enjoy this slight assclown variation RYAT3). 

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:30:38 PM »

Yep, same with this camera.  It overwrites the oldest ones. 
Dropcam must be doing a lot of heavy marketing. 
 I can tell you why the guy in the video is really returning it, he only purchased it to do his youtube video- I bet you a shiny nickel, this is very common these days..... what an asshat(enjoy this slight assclown variation RYAT3). 

;) :)

skeletor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:44:12 PM »

I've just been looking these other cameras up a little, as far as I can tell they only store to that company's severs and you can watch live for free but need a subscription to view stored video.  That won't work for me and my tin foil hat! 
Maybe I missed some info somewhere?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »

I've just been looking these other cameras up a little, as far as I can tell they only store to that company's severs and you can watch live for free but need a subscription to view stored video.  That won't work for me and my tin foil hat! 
Maybe I missed some info somewhere?

No idea bro... I'm just a 5222L/2230/2132L kind of guy...