• March 28, 2024, 02:03:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Question - About the router's dual band 2.4 & 5 Ghz  (Read 6100 times)

aztroboy

• Level 1 Member
Question - About the router's dual band 2.4 & 5 Ghz
« on: September 12, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »

Hello everyone!

As far as I understand, the DIR-825 has two antennas: one is labeled as 2.4 Ghz and the other one as a 5 Ghz antenna. My question is: how does the router achieve 802.11n speeds? What if I used the 5 Ghz bando only? will I still get high speeds? Will the router use both antennas?

The problem here is that I need to use the 5 Ghz band (only) and get 802.11n speeds. But something tells me that the DIR-825 router achieves N speeds thanks to the fact that it uses both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands (and using both antennas) at the same time.

If this is the case, is there any other D-Link N router that would let me get N speeds by using the 5 Ghz band only?

thank you

Patrick533

• Level 3 Member
Re: Question - About the router's dual band 2.4 & 5 Ghz
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 02:58:00 PM »

Hello everyone!

As far as I understand, the DIR-825 has two antennas: one is labeled as 2.4 Ghz and the other one as a 5 Ghz antenna. My question is: how does the router achieve 802.11n speeds? What if I used the 5 Ghz bando only? will I still get high speeds? Will the router use both antennas?

The problem here is that I need to use the 5 Ghz band (only) and get 802.11n speeds. But something tells me that the DIR-825 router achieves N speeds thanks to the fact that it uses both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands (and using both antennas) at the same time.

If this is the case, is there any other D-Link N router that would let me get N speeds by using the 5 Ghz band only?

thank you

The router uses 2 dual band antennas, each antenna is capable of 2.4 and 5 Ghz, each antenna is labeled 2.4/5 Ghz.

If you want to use 5 Ghz only, simply turn off the 2.4 Ghz radio in the software.

I currently have my 5 Ghz radio turned off, no sense in causing RF pollution if you don't need to!

I believe the only option for 5 Ghz is "N".

They recommend that you use D-Link cards for 100% compatibility and maximum speed.

aztroboy

• Level 1 Member
Re: Question - About the router's dual band 2.4 & 5 Ghz
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:55:51 PM »

That's great! Thanks a lot!!!