• March 28, 2024, 05:54:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR-2310 Wireless loss of connectivity  (Read 5124 times)

bcrown

• Level 1 Member
WBR-2310 Wireless loss of connectivity
« on: March 22, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »

Hi,

I have a wbr-2310 Rev B1 using fw 2.03. This was a replacement for an earlier model. Both seem to have the same problem so I assume that it is just a bad choice for wireless. I have looked at the messages on this board and found I am not alone in the problems I have.

Intermittently the wireless just seems to go dead. The router is still working fine if you are wired into it but the wireless seems not to exist. If I reboot, everything comes back fine (as a side, I have seen this same problem with a dlink webcam).

Just curious if anyone has found settings which may make this router more dependable or if I just need to move on to a different and more dependable brand, any recommendations?

Thanks

jonesb

• Level 2 Member
Re: WBR-2310 Wireless loss of connectivity
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »

See my recent post here.

The idle time fix may do it for you.

bcrown

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:04 AM »

I am using this router with a static ip not pppoe, do you think it will still make a difference? It is behind the cable modem and does not need to log in.

Nirliq

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »

Has anyone tried resetting the Maximum Timeout for dynamic IP?

Using the Emulator I changed the connection type to PPPoE then changed the time out to 5000 then changed the connection back to Dynamic IP.  I don't know if this will work.

Thanks for any help with this.