• April 16, 2024, 12:51:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to add DAP-1522 to DGL-4500 network using WPS?  (Read 8399 times)

mvn41

How to add DAP-1522 to DGL-4500 network using WPS?
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:58:12 AM »

I have a DGL-4500 and just received the DAP-1522 that I want to use as a bridge. I like to use the convenient WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), however, I am a bit confused how to do this. Is it as simple as 1) press the WPS button on the DGL-4500, which will start blinking, and then 2) press the WPS button on the DAP-1522?
Or, do I first go into the web-utility screen of the router (DGL-4500), active WPS there, then press WPS button on DGL-4500, and then press WPS button on DAP-1522. Do I have to enter the PIN at one point as well?

lord001

• Level 1 Member
Re: How to add DAP-1522 to DGL-4500 network using WPS?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »

Hi there,

This are the steps 

Step 1: Place the DAP-15XX near your router.

Step 2: Plug the power into your DAP-15XX.

Step 3: Push the WPS button to activate the connection process.

Note: WPS button is located on the side of the DAP-15XX.

Step 4: Within 120 seconds press the WPS button on the back or side of your router in order to link them together.

Step 5: Once linked, you may unplug the DAP-15XX and place it in the desired location you wish to use it.

Step 6: Power up the DAP-15XX and connect the device/devices you wish to use with the DAP-15XX.

Or either you can work at this way

Step 1: Log into the router and click on the Advanced tab.

Step 2: Click on the WIFI-Protected Setup on the left.

Step 3: Click on Add Wireless Device Wizard located at the bottom of the screen.

Step 4: Select Auto on the configuration method. Click next.

Step 5: Select PIN and enter the PIN generated by the WPS capable Wireless client. Click on connect.

Step 6: Start WPS on the wireless client device you are adding to your wireless network. The timer will be set at this time as the router tries to connect to the wireless client.

:o :o ::) :o :o