• April 28, 2024, 07:07:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Rate negotiation  (Read 5270 times)

CadErik

• Level 2 Member
Rate negotiation
« on: November 15, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »

I'm running the latest beta on my DIR-655. I have two DWA-552 connected to the router, one straight on the lower floor, the other one a wall and floor away. After turning the router off and on, both cards negotiate a rate around 240 mpbs but for some reasons after few days the rate drops and the router doesn't renegotiate a higher rate (it never goes above 104 mbps).
It seems to me something in the negotiation algorithm doesn't forget clients rate even after the client goes off and back on.

Erik.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Rate negotiation
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

I'm running the latest beta on my DIR-655. I have two DWA-552 connected to the router, one straight on the lower floor, the other one a wall and floor away. After turning the router off and on, both cards negotiate a rate around 240 mpbs but for some reasons after few days the rate drops and the router doesn't renegotiate a higher rate (it never goes above 104 mbps).
It seems to me something in the negotiation algorithm doesn't forget clients rate even after the client goes off and back on.

Erik.

Client rates should not be remembered. Once the rate is set and the conditions deteriorate the connection will be terrible. They should renegotiate. Perhaps the clients' powermanagement have anything to do with what you're experiencing?
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

CadErik

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »

Client rates should not be remembered. Once the rate is set and the conditions deteriorate the connection will be terrible. They should renegotiate. Perhaps the clients' powermanagement have anything to do with what you're experiencing?

I tried everything on the client side - even rebooting and all driver versions and same behavior on all clients. The rate keeps deteriorating over time until I unplug and replug the router.

sport404

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:29:56 PM »

I have experienced this type of behavior too. My wireless signal will start going down from say 54mb to 36 to 18 and so forth and it finally goes down to 1Mbps. After that I need to reboot the router. I am still on 1.21 with an A2 hardware version.

This might happen once a week or so with me sometimes longer

CadErik

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:24:44 PM »

I have experienced this type of behavior too. My wireless signal will start going down from say 54mb to 36 to 18 and so forth and it finally goes down to 1Mbps. After that I need to reboot the router. I am still on 1.21 with an A2 hardware version.

This might happen once a week or so with me sometimes longer

I'm wondering if the router is supposed to learn something about the rate but never forgets it?