• April 25, 2024, 01:10:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't add new computer to wireless router  (Read 6411 times)

derp

• Level 1 Member
Can't add new computer to wireless router
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:36:57 PM »

I bought this Dlink WBR 2310 a few months ago. I had a hard time getting it to work but when I did, that was the end of my problems - so far.

I bought another laptop, got it on the network with no problem using network magic. But from there network magic has kept giving me problems - as soon as I turn my computers off and use them the next day I have to 'repair connection' or disconnect the router from the wall to make it work again - very frustrating.

Even more frustrating that I bought a third laptop, and I'm trying - really trying (2 days now) to add it with the two other ones but it just won't. When I go to network magic and click add device, it only gives me the option to add a wired one because "Network magic has determined your device can only support wired devices"

This NM program has been very frustrating. Having to reboot my router, and making dlink my new home network a million times.

I tried erasing Network Magic but I can't even add the new computer using Windows instead of Network Magic so I always end up re-installing NM hoping it will stop being stubborn. This time, it let's me add wireless connections but it doesn't find the new laptop and says "No devices found."

It's getting really frustrating - I feel like throwing this DLink router away and buying another because after 2 days and many others of fighting with this NM program, I've lost my patience.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
I'm sorry for the long post...