• March 28, 2024, 08:20:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Email sending video stops after a couple of weeks  (Read 3731 times)

cs.ho

• Level 1 Member
Email sending video stops after a couple of weeks
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:41:15 PM »

I'm having a DCS-933L with firmware 1.14.11, hardware version A2.

I've setup my cam to send email motion detection via a free Gmail account. It sends both image capture & video. Problem happens without warning after about a couple of week running. Then I would notice that emails that sends in video stops. The emails that sends in image captures continues to come into my inbox.

There aren't any specific timeline before the issue happens.  Sometimes happens after a week. Sometimes a few weeks. Only way of resuming the functionality is to turn off and on the camera again. It has been driving me crazy that I need to check in the email logs every now and then.

At first I thought that I'd maxed out the sending daily quota for my Gmail for the day but it doesn't seem like it since the image capture still sends.

I've read at another thread in this forum highlighting the same issue but without conclusion.

Could someone test out this feature just so that I could know it's a firmware bug or bad hardware?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Email sending video stops after a couple of weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.93  DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Has any email configurations or email services changed since you got the camera going? If the email had been working and are not working now, maybe something with email services as well. Can you try a different email service to see if problems continue?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.