• March 28, 2024, 12:23:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: mydlink Issues  (Read 3956 times)

LarryNOTtheCableGuy

• Level 2 Member
mydlink Issues
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:56:50 PM »

I've had a DCS-5020L setup on myDlink.com for a couple of months. While trying to troubleshoot an issue with the camera (already posted in appropriate forum) I discovered the following issues:

1. My camera password and wireless network passwords are stored/displayed in plain text on the website. This is simply unacceptable! As the website doesn't allow the camera password to be changed (see below), it is also completely unnecessary.

2. The latest version of the Mac Setup Wizard (v1.04.10) does not accept non-alphanumeric characters (!@#$%^&*). This was not the case for previous versions of the wizard, as I was using one of these characters in the camera password until today, when I removed the camera from the website, and then tried to re-register it, but was forced to use the latest wizard. The camera firmware accepts these characters, as does the website, so this appears to be lazy programming. A work-around for this would be to change the password after the camera is registered, but you can't do that either (see above). This should be fixed.

3. When removing a camera from the website, the camera is issued a factory reset. This is complete unnecessary (given that the wizard also wipes all of your setting), and actually seems rather punitive.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:59:28 PM by LarryNOTtheCableGuy »
DSL-520B  HW:T2 FW:1.12NA
DIR-885L  HW:A1  FW:1.21B03
DGS-108  HW:B1
DCS-5020L  HW:A1  FW:1.16.01

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:22:42 AM »

Are other Mac mydlink users experiencing this same issue?  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Rimshot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:05:49 PM »

I am experiencing some of the same issues on a macbook pro.  I also have the 5020L and a 933L.   My initial set up went ok and I didn't use special characters for the device passwords.  However, I went back recently and changed the device passwords via mydlink in the Maintenance section of the advanced settings and all hell broke loose. 

Immediately started to get sporadic email messages on motion and sound detection with no images or videos, which were working before.   Also got device disconnects.   I've had to remove both devices from the web site, reset both, then reinstall from scratch.   Finally got the 5020L back working but am still working with the 933L.  Will be doing another reset and initial install this week. 

I've been in the SW industry 34 years, programming, testing, and managing both disciplines.   I agree with the previous comment in that D-Link needs to improve their development and testing processes relative to what we are seeing on the forums.

Tim

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »

I will forward this issue to my contact at D-Link and post back if I learn anything new.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC