• March 28, 2024, 07:15:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No internet access with DAP-1522  (Read 19389 times)

darklink

• Level 1 Member
No internet access with DAP-1522
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »

I have a DIR-655 router with a DAP-1522 connected in bridge mode.  The firmware on the router is 1.21 and the firmware on the bridge is 1.21.  I have my SSID set to broadcast on the DIR-655 with WPA-Personal encryption.  When I initially setup the DAP-1522, I was able to access the setup page and connect to the DIR-655.  On the status page of the DAP-1522, wireless radio is enabled and status is connected.  I connected my XBOX 360, Sony BR player and DirecTV DVR to the wireless bridge and none of them can connect to the internet.

I can wirelessly access the bridge's IP, 192.168.0.50, from any computer connected to the DIR-655 but when I attempt to access the internet on any device connected to the DAP-1522, I do not get a connection.  On the XBOX 360 I cannot connect my live account.  On the Sony BR player, I get a message that new firmware was found, but when it attempts to connect to the internet to download it, the connection times out.  Same occurs when attempting to access the internet on the DirecTV DVR receiver.

I called D-Link tech support and they had me disable auto channel scan on the DIR-655 and set the channel manually to 11, as well as set encryption type to auto (WPA and WPA2)  They also had me change the IP address of the DAP-1522 to 192.168.0.10 and set encryption to WPA only, but still I cannot get a connection to the internet from the DAP-1522.

I am not sure if there anything else I can try at this point but I am beyond frustrated with the DAP-1522.

Preludator

• Level 1 Member
Re: No internet access with DAP-1522
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 03:41:40 AM »

You are not the only one!!!!! I have the same issue connecting to DIR-815. Internet does not work and somehow both devices stop talking to each other eventhough the status check shows that they are connected..**Weird**
I did get it to work at times after numerous reloads but it only works for like 2 mins before it drops dead. The issues seems that the wireless protocol signal between the two devices stops working and communication just hangs. You can see that installing a sniffer called Wireshark on your laptop for troubleshooting. You'll see that when your connected devices send HELLO packets to the gateway, technically the DAP-1522 is supposed to forward to the router which also reply back. Wireless connections have to constantly ping each other in order to forward traffic. Ironically, either the DAP 1522 or your wireless router does not perform its basic function. My opinion is there is possible incompatibility issues with other D-link devices.
I am very disappointed with D-link and will not buy there products again. My next purchases are to be only CISCO with CLI command line and IOS. What a waste of money $99 wireless bridge that is useless and can't even do the job of a basic wireless adapter function.....What D-link engineering are thinking ????

Rob4570

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

I have two DAP-1522 set up in 5Ghz band- one in AP Mode off my Router and the other in Bridge Mode which connects my XBox, Blu-Ray and internet. Works great.

darklink

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »

I have two DAP-1522 set up in 5Ghz band- one in AP Mode off my Router and the other in Bridge Mode which connects my XBox, Blu-Ray and internet. Works great.

What settings are you using on your wireless router and the DAP-1522 in order to get them working?

wyt168

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »

What settings are you using on your wireless router and the DAP-1522 in order to get them working?

I also have a DIR-655/DAP-1522 setup (actually 2 DAP-1522s) that I managed to make them work. Here are my settings:
DAP-1522 (items marked with * are not configurable as they were grayed out):
--802.11 Band: 2.4GHz/5GHz*
--802.11 Mode: Mixed 802.11 abgn*
--Wireless Channel: 36* (note 1)
--Transmission Rate: Best(automatic)*
--Channel Width: auto 20/40 MHz
--Security Mode: WPA personal
--WPA Mode: WPA2 only
--Cipher Type: AES
--WPS: disabled
--Wireless MAC Cloning: disabled

The setting on DIR-655 are:
Hardware Version: B1 Firmware Version: 2.00NA
802.11 Mode : 11gn
Channel Width : 20/40 MHz
Channel : 2
WISH : Inactive
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS): Disabled

Note: I originally had my WPS setting on DIR-655 as "Enabled" and had all sorts of problems (I guess I forgot to turn it off when I tried to auto-config the DAP-1522). But I think you need to manually config it if you want to set it up as a bridge.

I have my full posting at DSLReports.com. You can check it out there if you are interested.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25222278-Help-Me-Low-performance-for-DAP-1522-multiple-units-

Good luck with your endeavor. I think it's a pain to set them up if you want to use the DAP as a bridge. But if you manage to get them working, they can deliver pretty good performance. I have both my DAPs running at 100+mbps now.

LD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

My DAP-1522 doesn't work well with my new Asus dual-band router.
Other clients work fantanstic, better than my DIR-655, but the DAP-1522 works
for a couple minutes then loses internet connection.
I find it very strange that it works but then fails.  It would be more understandable
if my settings were wrong and it never connected.
About to give up and go Powerline or MOCA.

gplung

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »

Darklink, set the 1522 for auto ip. Then log into you 655 and reserve the ip. Finally, shut everything down restart router(wait), restart 1522 (wait), then restart what ever is wired to the 1522. I have the 655 and two 1522's (both set in bridge mode) and they work great.

zgates420

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »

gplung are you sure you are supposed to be able to see the DAP-1522's ip address in the router setup?  I don't see it regardless of the DAP having a static or dynamic address. 

gplung

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »

I believe it should show up under "setup," "network setup," scroll all the way down to "dynamic DHCP clients." you should see the 1522 listed there. I can see my 1522 listed there.

zgates420

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »

yes now I can see it since I set the DAP to DHCP.  Thanks a lot man you saved me a huge headache I was starting to go insane trying to get this thing to work.

zgates420

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »

Looks like I spoke too soon.  Although the advice you gave me worked and allowed me to see the DAP on my router as would be expected, I was still getting internet connection dropping on my PC (although DAP still showed up as being detected and my computer was able to obtain an IP address from the router, I could not access any internet until I power cycled the DAP).  It did fix my IP conflict problem, but still I could not hold an internet connection on my PC and I also could not get my PS3 to go online.  The PS3 (plugged into DAP via ethernet) would also obtain an IP address, but it always failed the internet test and would give me some DSN error.  I tried the advice of some other people on this forum and disabled N mode on my router, only broadcast in G/B and this completely solved it.  However this isn't really a solution because my PS3 is wireless G capable and I could've just bought a usb stick for my pc internet, for far less than the $100 of the DAP.  I bought it specifically for N and 5ghz capability.  The 5ghz band exhibits this problem because I am unable to get out of N in 5ghz mode, limiting me to 2.4ghz G.  It does seem to work fine though for gaming and since I won't be transferring files through my network all I really need is a 15mbps connection (as fast as my high speed is) which the G seems to be able to do just fine.  Would wireless N/5ghz be overkill for my application?  Also, does any one know a way to get the DAP to work with wireless N?   My router is a DIR-815 dual band wireless router, by the way.  Thanks for any responses.

gplung

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »

On the router, try setting up a 2nd wireless network with a different SSID and set it as 5GHz only. Now,  when in setup on the DAP, wizard, manual, click site survey and you should see both your SSID. Click the 5GHZ SSID, and go on from there.   

LD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

I have almost the exact same problem and same reason why I bought the DAP-1522.  Wanted to use 5GHz.  I did set a separate SSID for 5GHz and did a site survey and connected to it.  Lose connection to internet after a few minutes.  Nothing seems to fix it and it's only about 20 feet and next floor up from the router.

Saxamophone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »

I had a similar problem trying to connect a DAP-1522 to a DIR-815 on the 5GHz band. The devices connected to the DAP-1522 would lose internet connectivity after about 2 minutes. What fixed it for me was to change the security setting for the 5GHz band to TKIP instead of AES. I had to change the wireless mode to 802.11 Mixed (a/n) so that I could select the TKIP option.

DAP-1522 FW 1.31
DIR-815 FW 1.01

kskimmel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 04:42:25 AM »

My DAP-1522 doesn't work well with my new Asus dual-band router.
Other clients work fantanstic, better than my DIR-655, but the DAP-1522 works
for a couple minutes then loses internet connection.
I find it very strange that it works but then fails.  It would be more understandable
if my settings were wrong and it never connected.
About to give up and go Powerline or MOCA.

On ASUS advanced wireless setting page turn off link aggregation.  This fixed the same problem that I had.