• March 29, 2024, 02:56:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ [WiFi Freezing]  (Read 2932 times)

LonerPrime

• Level 1 Member
D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ [WiFi Freezing]
« on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:52 AM »

Hello D-Link Community,
                                  My first post here so I apologize in advance for any newbie hiccups. In March this year I purchased the above mentioned router from Amazon India. My previous D-Link worked 10 years straight without issues so this was basically a blind purchase based on brand faith. Unfortunately this one seems to have its quirks.

Roughly four months after the purchase, my mother started complaining about connectivity issues with her tablet. Initially I thought the fault might have been with the tab since the internet was working just fine on my desktop which is connected via the lan cable, but then I noticed the same issue of non connectivity with my smartphone as well. Hence I figured the problem might temporarily be with the router and a simple wifi button reset should do the trick. Here is where it went weird.

The button completely refused to do what it is supposed to do. The wifi display remained lit no matter how much I pushed the button to turn it off. It was like the wifi icon completely froze. After countless tries to reset the wifi, I resigned myself to shutting down the whole router. After a few minutes I cycled it back to life and miraculously the wifi button started responding again and the signal was back. I discounted the whole thing as an isolated event and forgot about it. Then after a few weeks it was back again. Same frozen wifi button and only way to reset was a hard shutdown of the router. Also during this event, the interface seemed sluggish. The router tabs were a bit slow to open and even the default IP[192.168.1.1] took a good 15 seconds to display the login page. But after the reset, things were working smoothly once again.

I scoured the internet for solutions and found a similar thread, http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=51363.0 that was posted on these forums about 4 years back. Unfortunately I can't be sure exactly what kind of solution worked for the person at the time but I am gonna try and answer some basic questions in advance.

---------------------------------------

What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router. H/W: V2

What Firmware version is currently loaded? IN_1.09 [Upgraded from 1.04[I think] that came with the router originally. Upgraded after the first time wifi froze]

What region are you located? India

What wireless modes are you using? 802.11 n/g

Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N? It was originally b/g but at the time of writing this post I switched to n/g.

Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only. Originally on b/g I couldn't manually set the hz as it was greyed out at 20. But right now I can and for now I am watching it at 20Mhz.

Try setting a manual channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear. Right now it is "Auto Scan". Should I manually set this?

What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto. Right now it is on WPA2 only. Only other options are None, WEP, WPA, WPA2 or Auto.

What wireless devices do you have connected? Mostly it is my mother's Lenovo tablet that utilizes the wifi. Randomly I connect my lenovo smartphone as well and very rarely my acer laptop. That is about it. Otherwise I use the internet on my desktop that is connected via the lan cable.

Any cordless house phones? None apart from two mobile phones and one landline.

Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many? There are, maybe, 3 to 4 routers around with weak signals.

-----------------------------

I might also like to add that I have set the SSID to be invisible.

I am really in a bind here. The local D-Link support asked me to bring in the router but then also told me that it might take a few days for them to figure out the issue. During that time they won't provide me a substitute device which feels a bit odd since my device is under warranty. In any case I am hoping for some guidance from you good folks and even though I realize, and apologize that these forums are for US owners only, I would really appreciate an experience take on the matter so I can fix this on my end instead of sending it to the service center two states away.

Apologies once more for the long wall of text.

Sincerely,
LP
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:16:39 AM by LonerPrime »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ [WiFi Freezing]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:17:34 AM »

I recommend setting the SSID to not be hidden.
Set the channel to a manual channel thats not being used, 1, 6 or 11 or 13, one of these if one doesn't have others using it or very low signals on the channel.

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

LonerPrime

• Level 1 Member
Re: D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ [WiFi Freezing]
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:12 AM »

I recommend setting the SSID to not be hidden.
Set the channel to a manual channel thats not being used, 1, 6 or 11 or 13, one of these if one doesn't have others using it or very low signals on the channel.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I have set the channel to 13 for now and SSID is not hidden anymore. I am gonna monitor this for a few days and see if the problem returns. Are there any informative topics that teach what settings are ideal when it comes to 2750U series of wifi routers? There are a lot of settings in the interface that feel quiet alien and I really would like to apply the right choices on my router rather than what is set by default.

Sincerely,
LP

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.