D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-2660

WPA options

<< < (2/9) > >>

FurryNutz:
I would make contact with D-Link support and let them review this. I presume there maybe some possible bug in FW and or in iOS that maybe causing this. Something D-Link and Apple will need to review. Since your using a Beta iOS. Please reference this forum thread as well.

Selecting of different WPA options was removed years ago, 2013 era. Security modes have been mostly automatic since then.

Good Luck.

Bildos:
iPhone 7 - the same issue with iOS 14.0.1

Bildos:
I already spoke with support. I’m in shock: we can’t control any encryption settings. Everything is out of our control - automatically.

It’s very disappointing as I can’t disable weak encryption methods 🤢

FurryNutz:
Been like this since 2013 when the DIR-880L first came out with the new UI.  ::)

Over all I presume APPLE will need to work with wifi router mfrs to ensure there new iOS versions work for users with routers that automatically handle security modes.  :-\  If APPLE is making changes, then its up to them to ensure there products work right.

GreenBay42:
Issue has been sent to the engineers. Seems like it auto-negotiated using TKIP before AES. I really wish they kept the options in like their older routers. Simplicity causes issues imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version