• March 28, 2024, 06:02:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Base screws  (Read 1822 times)

RKN

• Level 1 Member
Base screws
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »

Our DCS-6620 has been mounted up in a weatherproof dome up high on our office for about 5-6 years with no problems.  A few months ago, it stopped moving with full right to left movement.  Upon inspection, I found all three of the base screws had broke off and/or their internal plastic mount shafts they screw into had become brittle.  I've tried finding the proper thread to try and get a slightly longer screw to tighten in and hold the base of the camera (along with the circuit board base from hanging loose and have had no luck.  Only two can be rethreaded as the 3rd screw mount broke at it's base.  Very odd considering how seldom the camera is moved around.  Any suggestions?
Robert

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Base screws
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 11:56:44 AM »

I'm doing my best to visualize what you're describing, so I apologize if what I'm about to suggest doesn't make sense!

Can you mount the camera to a small piece wood approximating the footprint of the camera and then place screws through the wood to securely remount the camera to the wall/ceiling?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC