D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-X5460

How to set up MESH on two DIR-X5460?

(1/1)

marvan:
I have a DIR-X5460 a year which performance wise is very good which fulfilled what I need.
I wanna to expand my home Wi-Fi to the whole house to have good signals everywhere.  The most cheapest and easiest of course add an extender.  However, the extenders' AX are just 1800 max or AC has 2600 max.  Finally I bought 1 more DIR-X5460 for MESH.
I couldn't found any official D-Link document about setup two AX routers to use MESH, so I manually setup Exterder Mode then works.  However, when I'm watching YouTube (both phones and notebooks) or downloading files (notebooks) but walking up and down stairs.  The video streaming will be freezed and loading, the download jobs will be paused.  After 10 or more seconds then resume normal.  During the scenarios, I saw the wifi signal indicator on phones & notebooks went weaker then back to the strongest, also at this moment the steaming and downloading pause.
It looks like I didn't setup MESH correctly so the connection switching causes pause issues.  Supposed MESH network has no intermittent, right?

Anyone can recommand to me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version