• April 23, 2024, 11:27:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Loss of Connectivity after Unplugging/Plugging Power  (Read 9696 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

I have a DCS-932L operating wirelessly with a DIR-615. Has anyone experienced issues restoring connectivity after briefly unplugging and plugging-in the camera? 75% of the time I unplug the camera, I have to restore the factory defaults and walk-through the entire configuration process.

I'd like to know if this is unique to me or something others have experienced.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Loss of Connectivity after Unplugging/Plugging Power
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:13:11 AM »

[Bump...] Thoughts?

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »

FWIW - my DCS-932L is wirelessly connected to a Linksys WRT160N and I've moved it (disconnected) several times and it's always reconnected  :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »

Thanks. This one is throwing me for a loop. I'm not quite sure if this is the DCS-932L or DIR-615 acting up.

Ken

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »

First thing, I'm sure you're doing a Save Settings on each Setup page you do a configuration add/change in - Network Setup, Wireless Setup, Image Setup, etc. Next should be to do a Save Configuration. The button for the save is found under Maintenance/System tabs. The "Maintenance" tab is between Setup and Status across the top and "System" is in the left-hand column. "Save Configuration" is the top button.

I haven't had any problems of losing configurations on my devices when plugging/unplugging. If I did then at least I could restore from a saved configuration a lot quicker than hand entering each time.

As far as the DIR-615 goes I guess I would try a different router (borrow one? or, go to a friends house and try on theirs?) to see if I still had a problem. If yes then it's the camera, if no then it's the router.

ken
dcs-930
dcs-932L
NetGear N 

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 02:08:43 PM »

Thanks. This one is throwing me for a loop. I'm not quite sure if this is the DCS-932L or DIR-615 acting up.

Have you checked interference from other Wifi routers in the area? A tool like INSSIDER, or your wifi-tablet might show that others are active in the same channel-range...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

Have you checked interference from other Wifi routers in the area? A tool like INSSIDER, or your wifi-tablet might show that others are active in the same channel-range...

Yes, I'm already aware of numerous overlapping wifi sources, an unavoidable consequence of living in a major metropolitan city. I'd say that at least 30+ strong signals come up when performing a typical signal check when connecting a new device.

My concern here is that I'm using five wireless devices (all from different vendors), none of which ever exhibited this issue.  Only the DCS-932L has this problem. Each time this issue recurs with the DCS-932L, mydlink dissociates the device. I have to completely reconfigure the DCS-932L from scratch using the Wizard, because walking through the Wizard (end-to-end) is the only way to re-add the device to mydlink.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:27:51 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »

Update: I spoke with D-Link technical support (again). It looks like this particular issue is a known problem with sine DCS-930s and has no resolution (i.e. D-Link doesn't know the root cause), so they issued me an RMA. They went on to say that the DCS-932L is too new to have established any history with this issue, but since the DCS-930 and DCS-932L share the same basic design, it's very possible that this problem is a carry-over from the DCS-930.

I should also note that my DCS-932L looses connectivity every week or so and must be reconfigured from scratch (same as when the unit is unplugged/plugged) to get working again.

Hopefully the replacement will resolve this problem.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 04:41:18 AM »

Update: I received my replacement camera and was unable to even instantiate a stable wireless connection or complete the configuration process. After updating to firmware v1.01, everything seems to have stabilized. Wireless is working, and when the camera power is cycled, the wireless connection automatically instantiates.

One problem solved. . . just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:55:15 AM by JavaLawyer »