• April 19, 2024, 09:17:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-327L - how to enter the terminal mode?  (Read 4929 times)

placid34

• Level 1 Member
DNS-327L - how to enter the terminal mode?
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:45:26 AM »

Hello,

I must admit that I am no expert in Linux - therefore the question might be somehow too simple for a linux professional.
When I have a brandnew DNS-327L with 2x 3TB harddisks running under Raid1 mode, there is no change to open a telnet or similar method to enter linux commands. The only way to see is the file manager which shows only Volume_1 - nothing more. The standard linux device tree with /bin, /mnt etc. cannot be seen.

The funplug utility is only good for NAS systems 323, 320, 325 BUT not for my 327. I tried this out but it stops during the Installation....

Which tool programm can open the secret for my 327?
Which linux is working on the 327 machines? I read that it is Debian?

Thank you for a short reply.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Re: DNS-327L - how to enter the terminal mode?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:09:20 AM »

The funplug utility is only good for NAS systems 323, 320, 325 BUT not for my 327. I tried this out but it stops during the Installation....

fun_plug works perfectly on the DNS-327L! But first you need to change all the paths with "/mnt/HD_a2" to "/mnt/HD/HD_a2" in the fun_plug file
After rebooting the NAS fun_plug installed (this will take 2-3 minutes) and open access via telnet
But if you are not an expert in Linux why do you need it? Unconscious actions within the system can lead to disruptions in the NAS up to complete failure of the equipment
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php