• March 28, 2024, 06:15:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless webcam DIR-625 Router with D-Link DCS-3420  (Read 7759 times)

birdman50

• Level 1 Member
Wireless webcam DIR-625 Router with D-Link DCS-3420
« on: December 21, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »

I'm new to this forum and am not sure where this request should be located, so I hope I put it in the right place.  I am stuck trying to get my DCS-3420 (wireless mode) camera to show up in a webpage I created.  I found a link on DLink's site, http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=3255&question=DCS%2D3420+on+my+webpage, that talks about the script one needs to make this work, but it does not seem to work.

The camera is talking wirelessly to my DIR-625 wireless router just fine.  I can type the ip address into an Internet Explorer address field and it streams video just fine.  I got this far by assigning a static ip address to the router and putting the camera's router assigned ip address into the DMZ zone of the router enabling everyone from the outside to see the camera.  They do this by typing the routers static ip address into the web address field of IE.  (does not work yet with MAC, but this is another problem for another day).

I changed the IP address in the script from DLink to the static ip address I assigned to the router.  The port number changes every time one accesses the camera or refreshes there webpage.  I verified this by talking to my ISP and they were able to tell me that each time the refreshed the IE page it would send data under another port number.  To ensure it was the camera resetting the port each time the page was refreshed I assigned the static ip address directly to the camera and plugged the camera directly onto my ISP's network using an ethernet cable (no router involved).

What I want to see on a webpage is just the streaming image and the clock.  Nothing else so this way no one can go into any of the configurations.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Pat
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:52:34 PM by birdman50 »

angelboy

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless webcam DIR-625 Router with D-Link DCS-3420
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 03:58:18 AM »

Hey m8, i have simular problem, i want to take the streaming (udp / port audio 5002& video 5003) direct into a website i have but i cant find a way to do it, where is something in the manual about the stream has to be activated every time (i guess the inbuild webserver has the right html for this)
I just want to get the html coding for this activation so i can take it directly into my code at my website, please if anyone knows help!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Wireless webcam DIR-625 Router with D-Link DCS-3420
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »

There is an FAQ for this on the dlink.com support website if you search this camera and goto FAQ's.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream