• April 24, 2024, 04:24:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Periodic Disconnects- need some advice please  (Read 9629 times)

gazdag6

• Level 1 Member
Periodic Disconnects- need some advice please
« on: April 12, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »

Hi there, I have seen other threads on here, but not sure if my mess is caused by the same conditions.

I have a EBR-2310 router with a WAN uplink to a CM100 cable modem. I have a 5 port switch sitting behind it (D-Link Green Ethernet Gigabit switch). I get disconnects randomly through out the day, and when the system comes back up, I check the logs. I find my WAN up for days, but my access to the WAN from my PC's show the disconnects. It kills my VPN app and any streaming content, so I know my network dropped atleast behind the router. The logs are usually overwritten with pointless content. I am going to try to change what is logged to get a better idea.

Anyone know if this is a common condition? I am going to try a 100MB D-Link switch I keep as a spare to see if it continues, but I really like the Gig connection for file transfers on LAN.

The router is running 2.01 firmware, so I am not sure what it is. I have a mix of XP and Vista boxes. They are running mixed Gig and 100MB. I have swapped routers out but I really am wondering if it is the switch?? Any ideas on what I could try?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:07:20 PM by gazdag6 »

underdog

• Level 1 Member
Re: Periodic Disconnects- need some advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:50:06 AM »

BUMP.

Just reading through all the old posts about this same problem. Years later? No responses from D-Link and we are on the same firmware. I just bought mine from Microcenter and returned it 3 or 4 days later.

RocNrolla

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »

I had one of these... GET RID OF IT.... buy a D-link DGL-4500!!! especially if your a gamer. check out targetdirect.

RocNrolla

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »

My DGL 4500 settings are set up identically to the EBR-2310 minus the gamefuel rules and my internet is stable. With the EBR  I was always hanging, waiting for web pages to load.  The EBR is a piece of S***, get rid of it...better yet put it under the wheele of your car and drive over it multiple times, then use it as a door stop!!!!!!