• April 23, 2024, 01:31:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Setting up 628 as an access point  (Read 5957 times)

eyox1

Setting up 628 as an access point
« on: January 17, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »

I have the DLG 4300 currently, and I just bought the 628 b/c I need an access point for my PS3 (signal strength not good enough right now).  I was wondering what the best way to go about this is.  Should I Use the 628 as my main router (it seems like it puts out a stronger signal) or the 4300?  Also, should I 'wire' the access point to the PS3? Im sure the router would pick up a stronger signal than the PS3 does and I know the transfer speeds would be greater if I had it hard wired.  If anyone could give me instructions for programming the access point to be seen by router I would appreciate it, I've read enough to know its possible, but nobody gives the same answer as to how to do it as another person and I want to get it right to get the best signal possible.  Any help appreciated!

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: Setting up 628 as an access point
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »

I would have purchased an access point instead of a second router, but both those routers are good. The  628 is newer and offers some newer features and a faster NAT. I'd probably use that, but they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.