• April 24, 2024, 07:14:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dropped MAC and Shareport PC Software Problem  (Read 5858 times)

rtravis3343

• Level 1 Member
Dropped MAC and Shareport PC Software Problem
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:02:20 AM »

1.  I've had my 628 for less than a month and it keeps dropping MAC's for computers on my network.  Is there a reason for this problem and is there a solution?  It appears to happen more often since I've updated the firmware to the latest (1.13) version.

2. I also had a serious problem with the Shareport software for PC's.  I successfully updated the router software to enable the usb shareport function.  When I load the software on either a XP or Vista OS (32bit for both) computer I experience a fatal error upon reboot.  I've had to go to safemode on both to keep the shareport software from loading on restart.  I've since deleted the software from both computers and have had no problems.  I noticed in another forum a similar problem that was tied to their antivirus software.  Is there any none conflicts between the shareport PC software and antivirus (or other software)?

Element

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dropped MAC and Shareport PC Software Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »

It is a strong possibility, what AV software do you use and have you tried to disable it?

Another thing I would suggest you do is google up is the Blue Screen of Death 'Error Code' you get to find out exactly what's at fault