• May 08, 2024, 06:51:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WHS problems after updating to 3.06  (Read 4474 times)

axiom33

WHS problems after updating to 3.06
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:23:36 PM »

I installed Windows Home Server last night and got everything running just fine.  It detected the uPNP DIR-625(c) router when turning on web services, and self configured the ports and all is well.  When I connected to the router (then at 3.04) to see what updates were available, I found that 3.06 was out there for download.  I saved my settings out before firmware update...then let it go.  I restored the config once it settled down.  I went back to WHS settings, and now it warns of problems with router settings...and I tried unconfigure and refresh.  It apparently cannot set port forwarding...which I've now since done manually to fix that.  It's also has an error on the domain name config not working.  Anyone else hit this problem?  Can I safely pull down 3.04 and downgrade firmware to get the WHS happy again?

I hate when things break by going forward  :(

ItzGenX

Re: WHS problems after updating to 3.06
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 04:52:28 PM »

I have a similar problem with mine.  I pulled mine out the box yesterday and everything was working perfectly with firmware 3.04.  Like an idiot thinking newer updates = better router!  Well 3.06 now makes my router never open up ports, ever.  I can set DMZ and no go.  I have used a web based full port scan for anything open, and it returns a "no ports found open" message.  You can try downgrading to 3.04, but if it is anything like mine, no go.  I can successfully downgrade it, just the port system is permanently broken.  I have tried every firmware that every came out for my Rev C.  I might just bite the bullet and play with fire.  By that, I mean I am thinking about trying a Rev A firmware to see if it somehow fixes or breaks it.  In the condition it is right now, it is useless to me anyway without any port forwarding etc.