• April 17, 2024, 10:19:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: connect 2 windows computers with EBR-2310  (Read 4446 times)

jemory802

• Level 1 Member
connect 2 windows computers with EBR-2310
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:57:29 AM »

Hello !  I have 2 computers that i want to connect , but only one of them should have access to the internet.  The other should be denied.

Can some one please point me to a how to or a tutorial for newbees on how to accomplish this ? I want the internet machine to be able to copy and paste files to the non internet machine.

I am using an EBR-2310 as my router.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: connect 2 windows computers with EBR-2310
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »

Connect both machines to the router, and make sure they both have received an IP-address (DHCP).

Log in into the router via your favorite admin password, select the "Advanced" tab on top and then select the "Access" subgroup on the left.

Now enable (checkmark) the access control, Add Policy, and follow the wizard.
1. Define a name for the policy (like "Block <machinename>")
2. Select "Always"
3. Select MAC Address-type and select the machine from the pull-down next to "Machine Address"
4. Click OK to "Load" the MAC-address and click NEXT to complete the list of blocked machines
5. Select the "Block All Access" method and click SAVE

You should now be back at the Policy-overview with the machine in the Policy-table with a checkmark. Click on "Save Settings" and Internet access is now blocked for that machine.

If you need to temporarily allow Internet Access for the machine (like when refreshing the Antivirus-definitions, or loading updates to the OS), then simply remove the checkmark, "Save Settings". Afterwards just enable the Block via switching on the checkmark, and "Save Settings".

Please note: The "Save Settings" is very important, and the checkmark should be verified...

Happy hunting...

minigamer

• Level 1 Member
Re: connect 2 windows computers with EBR-2310
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:55 PM »

bump