• March 28, 2024, 08:06:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Where Is Everyone?  (Read 5312 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Where Is Everyone?
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:24:18 AM »

Stating the obvious, there hasn't been much activity to speak of in this forum over the past couple of months.  Always the optimist, I expect D-Link will eventually circle back to address our needs.  I'm speculating that other projects, like the forthcoming D-Link Boxee Box Roll out, are consuming their limited resources (again, all speculation).

Is someone from D-Link willing to come forward and comment on this?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

tetreb

• Level 1 Member
Re: Where Is Everyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »

Don't wait for Dlink support are there are none as I had problem on my network with some D-link Equipment and thank to me we are phasing out all of D-ink Equipment.

Officially I don;t want to see D-link Equipment a mile away from me and I pledge If I see anyone who wants to buy D-link item NOT TO BAY THEM as D-Link officially sucks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »

Don't wait for Dlink support are there are none as I had problem on my network with some D-link Equipment and thank to me we are phasing out all of D-ink Equipment.

Officially I don;t want to see D-link Equipment a mile away from me and I pledge If I see anyone who wants to buy D-link item NOT TO BAY THEM as D-Link officially sucks.

D-Link did provide some level of support in these forums up until a couple of months ago.  Again, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they are tied up on other product releases.  Time will tell.

BC2112

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:41:11 PM »

D-Link did provide some level of support in these forums up until a couple of months ago.  Again, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they are tied up on other product releases.  Time will tell.

what product releases exactly???

they need to step up

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 07:45:19 AM »

what product releases exactly???

they need to step up

The Boxee Box is slated for release shortly. . . not to say that it's a valid excuse.

roflcopter666

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »

Still lurking hoping that it is not ELF.
Trying to find a better unit with decent media server that works properly (ie updates on its own and has more flexibility particularly with the way it lists tracks) - looking at Qnap currently.
Disapointing really that no comment from Dlink - in this age of social media, I don`t think you can afford to hide.
Needless to say, experiences to date probably had a lot to do with my own recent switch and router purchases and several recommendations/purchases for friends and customers for network equipment including NAS all overlooked D-link options based on my own experiences to date with this unit.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 08:10:45 AM »

I'm surprised there hasn't been as much as a single post from D-Link for several months now.  Now I can finally say that my reserved optimism is turning to pessimism.

mikeiem

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

Looks like its time to switch to Netgear! They seem to be building and updating products.
http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/hardware_software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=228200304&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »

Looks like its time to switch to Netgear! They seem to be building and updating products.
http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/hardware_software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=228200304&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

I've always been a fan of Netgear products. . . Their community support is unmatched from anything I've every seen.  Until this year, their ReadyNAS line was geared specifically for business, with high prices to match.  Since rolling out the consumer version of the product, it's now a very compelling alternative.  Especially with 6 slots.