• March 29, 2024, 01:06:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 855 WPA connection issues  (Read 3107 times)

lovekeiiy

• Level 1 Member
DIR 855 WPA connection issues
« on: June 25, 2009, 10:20:09 AM »

Hello,

I recently replaced a router with the D-Link DIR 855.  I've ran into an issue with D-Link DPR 1260 wireless print server.  For some reason, it will not connect wireless with WPA/WPA2 with AES or TKIP.  It works fine with a wire.  It will connect with no wireless security or WEP (16 or 128 bit).

I've tried, I believe, every setting possible with the WPA.  I've use WPA only, WPA2 only, both, TKIP only, AES only, and both.  The only thing I did not change was the "group key update interval."  I just don't know what that is for yet.  The print server does see the network, when it scans for available networks.   

The printer server and router both have the latest firmware versions.  And according to the documentation provided online, the DPR 1260 is suppose to be compatible with the DIR855.

In the printer server's user interface under the wireless status screen, it says, "searching for AP."  When I had it connected under the no security/wep, it would state how fast "54g" instead.

I do have the router setup as an access point.  I have another machine that does all the firewall and routing duties.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  Have a nice day.........

lovekeiiy

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR 855 WPA connection issues
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »

I should add, I can connect to the router with my Belkin Pre N wireless cards, and Blackberry Curve 3850i under WPA and WPA2.