• April 19, 2024, 02:29:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bug in 1.20 Final Firmware  (Read 4904 times)

DIR-855 :-(

• Level 2 Member
Bug in 1.20 Final Firmware
« on: May 16, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »

The final release of the 1.20 firmware has fixed a lot of problems however there is still one that has been there for a very long time.

In typical North American style, the developers have failed to comprehend that daylight savings time begins in Oct and finishes in Apr below the equator. So when you attempt to put this in under the Time settings in the Admin Web site, the page reports a fault as it believes this to be an incorrect setting (user error).

Come on guys, you sell this product all over the world, take the time to understand the rest of the world.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: Bug in 1.20 Final Firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »

You'll notice that the firmware states 1.20NA. NA stands for North America.

DIR-855 :-(

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:20:37 AM »

You'll note that I am obviously not North American and in fact Australian.

Why Dlink thought I would instantly understand the letters NA against that version number to mean the country is silly.

This doesn't change the fact that the values are still valid entries for daylight savings. Sticking the letters NA doesn't fix the error.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 06:23:47 AM by whoisnader »

iconeater

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »

You'll note that I am obviously not North American and in fact Australian.

Why Dlink thought I would instantly understand the letters NA against that version number to mean the country is silly.

This doesn't change the fact that the values are still valid entries for daylight savings. Sticking the letters NA doesn't fix the error.

LOL

The Typical Dlink answer insulting isn't it?  What's next Firmware 1.21 RB   RB stands for this router will need to be rebooted every 3 to 4 days. Thus solving the 1.20 firmware issue.

Magic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:10:37 AM »

You'll notice that the firmware states 1.20NA. NA stands for North America.

When will be available the EU version?