The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-932L

Video "glitch" Causes False Positives on Motion Detection

(1/2) > >>

wjburl:
I have five D-Link cameras.  Three are DCS-932L, one is DCS-932LB1 and one is a DCS-930L.  I’m have a problem with one DCS-932L and the DCS-932LB1.  During the night I’m getting false positives on motion detection.  When I look at a recording, I see a “glitch” in the video.  Yesterday, I installed the latest version of the firmware, but the problem occurred again last night. I isolated a frame and have a link to both the frame and video on  Flikr.  The links are views from the camera located in a detached garage. It is connected to my  LAN via a D-Link Powerline AV adapter.  I only have a problem during the night.   The DCS-932LB1 is connected directly via an Ethernet cable. I have no problem with the other cameras.

http://bit.ly/1MTnXE3
http://bit.ly/1MTpkTf

JavaLawyer:
If I had to guess I would say the camera is picking up environmental interference. The best way to rule out the camera as the cause is to swap the position of the DCS-932L that's working with one that's experiencing the issue.  If the cause is environmental, the problematic DCS-932L should work perfectly well in the location of the working camera, and the working camera should have issues in the location of the problematic camera.

kyis:
I'm having the same issue but I believe it's caused by the MJPEG stream being malformed as it looks more like data corruption on one frame periodically than interferences. It occurs on 2 of my DCS-932L(B) not on my rev A, all at the latest fw. It's worth mentioning that image quality remains flawless apart from those bad frames.

I'm wondering if it has to do with a memory problem, I use 20fps at 640*480 with best image quality.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
Try using a lower video quality as a test to see if the problem still happens?

--- Quote from: kyis on February 19, 2016, 06:59:40 AM ---I'm having the same issue but I believe it's caused by the MJPEG stream being malformed as it looks more like data corruption on one frame periodically than interferences. It occurs on 2 of my DCS-932L(B) not on my rev A, all at the latest fw. It's worth mentioning that image quality remains flawless apart from those bad frames.

I'm wondering if it has to do with a memory problem, I use 20fps at 640*480 with best image quality.

--- End quote ---

RYAT3:
I saw this once for sure on my dcs2132l rev a that's been in service for a few years.
It was an ftp video clips, 13 seconds, 15fps,640x480. It might have happened previously but nothing as bad as what you're experiencing.  Must be something bad internally or defect in the model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version