The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-932L

DCS-932l wireless not working

(1/5) > >>

jdthird:
I have a new 932 I just got.  Fired up the CD, finds the unit alright, connects without a problem when wired.  In the setup, it found my 802.11n network, i set the encryption and everything, and it just tells me it couldn't set the network settings.  Being an IT director who has done network engineering for decades, I've got a bunch of older hardware laying around, so when I couldn't get it going on my apple airport extreme, I set up an old Dlink, same problem.  Set up an old 3com, same thing.  Set up a Linksys, same thing.  802.11 b, g, and n on different units, all fail.
I can run the SE setup wizard fine as well, and set it all in that way, encryption key is correct, type is correct, and it simply never will connect.  These were all tried one at a time, so interference or anything should've been minimal.  The unit always sees the networks fine, mine as well as a couple in the neighborhood, but it just flat out refuses to connect.
I see there's no firmware updates for this model yet, since I"m sitting at 1.0 and there are no firmware update links on its support page.
Wired, I can get to the devices webpage just fine, see live video, and all the settings there are correct, and site survey shows my wireless signal at 100%.  But status always shows link:no
It's set up infrastructure, not ad-hoc.

Any suggestions? This is my third IP security camera I've ordered from Amazon in the last 6 days trying to find something that does what I want, and this one, even with the lesser quality image, seemed to fit every other need perfectly, and I hate having to return it and go through the whole selection process again to pick from the ones I've already decided against, to find the next one to try.

Thanks

John

dave1945:
there is reset hole at the back of camera.

1. You should see green light on since you have wire connection. Hit the rest with power on.
2. When you see red light, unplug the power.
3. wait 1 min and plug the power on.

The reset way works fine for me. Now I have wireless connection

jdthird:
I know about the reset button - all that did is put me back at square 1, having to start over, and no wireless still... 
Already returned the unit, but thanks for the reply.

JavaLawyer:
Did you try going into the DCS-932L's web GUI and manually entering the wireless settings?  The setup wizard auto-populates the same fields.

Martijn:
Kicking up this thread again.

I have the same issue as topicstarter. The 932L works flawless when wired, but refuses to connect to wireless network. I checked the cam's wireless settings via MyDlink and everything seems OK (SSID, WPA key).

Also, when not wired, the cam does show up in the list with connected devices in the router. However, the light stays red and the cam cannot be seen via MyDlink.

I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.01 I believe). The router used is a Thomson TG789N, 802.11bgn, never had connection issues with any other device. Reset twice, no result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version