• March 28, 2024, 06:17:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: File Size Limit - Local Network Storage  (Read 2511 times)

savaytse66

• Level 1 Member
File Size Limit - Local Network Storage
« on: March 29, 2015, 03:41:06 AM »

Is there a way to override the 5MB file size limit for recording video to a local network?  5MB?  Really?  This amounts to about 10 seconds of video which is WAY less than adequate.  Is this a function of the camera's buffer or some other technical limitation of the camera?  If so, this camera has got to be returned.

With all due respect to D-Link, this is an absurd restriction.  My NAS has 200x the storage capacity of the largest microSD card on the market, and I'd like to use it.  What I really want to do is monitor 24/7, but that does not seem possible.

Thanks

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: File Size Limit - Local Network Storage
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:52:44 AM »

There is no way to override the limit that I am aware of.

If you are only getting 10 seconds of video in a file of that size, I would recommend you adjust your video quality settings for whichever profile is used for the recording.  You can get up to 30 seconds of video per recording by bumping the settings down just a bit from the highest levels, and, I would imagine, much longer clips than that by going a bit lower still.