The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-5020L

Router logs packages from all over world

(1/3) > >>

ceefive:
Hi,
I have a couple of DCS-5020L cameras connectet to my lan. Mostly they are turned off - now and then I use them when I'm out of the house.
After having one turned on yesterday - and playing around with the MyDlink website - checking the configuration - it was switched off - but my router keeps registering incoming packets of some data bound for the Camera (on my lan with ip 192.168.1.7) Checking the sourceip of some of theese requests I get whois information that they come from US, Poland, Romania, India, SouthKorea, CZ-rep, and many other countries.
Sample data from Router admin log:
Oct 25 09:26:06 kernel: ACCEPT IN=eth0 OUT=br0 SRC=46.174.191.32 DST=192.168.1.7 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=115 ID=7801 .......
Oct 25 09:32:06 kernel: ACCEPT IN=eth0 OUT=br0 SRC=188.114.72.96 DST=192.168.1.7 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=48 ID=25207 .......

Should I be conserned about this ?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Your router should be blocking.

ceefive:
Hardware Version: A1
Firmware: 1.15.12 (2018-07-03)
Region: Europe
My ISP is a local utility providing 100/100 connection over fiber.
My router is an ASUS AC68U. FIrmware is updated on router. Firewall Enabled.

After logging on to MyDlink portal the orther day I now get LOTS of incomming packages for the ip-cam. It seems that the logging on to this suddenly made the world aware .....
Input appreciated.

FurryNutz:
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

ceefive:
Thank you FurryNuts
Prefer to get some input from the forum regarding my issue - isnt that the whole purpose of a forum ?

Please - anyone else with similar problem or resolution - would appreciate your input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version