• April 23, 2024, 11:05:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Redirected to dlinksearch.com with one website  (Read 4832 times)

mtimmins

• Level 1 Member
Redirected to dlinksearch.com with one website
« on: January 28, 2011, 06:26:26 AM »

Every time I try to connect to battle.net website I get redirected to dlinksearch.com and it searched for US Battle.

When I try to open WoW's update launcher with the router connected, I get an error message.

It was working perfectly fine up until about 2 hours ago, when I started to get redirected, I was on the forums, just posted and it I tried to go back to the main page of the general forums, I started to get the error.

I'm not connected to the router at the moment, as I have connected myself directly to the modem now, but I was not on wireless, and I can confirm another PC that was connected to the router was also getting the same issues.

Every other website I tried worked just fine, it was just WoW and Battle.net that refused to work at all.

I can connect just fine now to WoW and Battle.net website.

mtimmins

• Level 1 Member
Re: Redirected to dlinksearch.com with one website
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 06:27:10 AM »

I meant to say, I can connect just fine now that I am NOT connected to my router, but the modem directly.

kcraven

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 08:16:28 AM »

Actually, a LOT of sites. First one I noticed was eBay.com, RoadRunner's website (RR.com) wasn't loading either and then a slew from several Google search. I called RoadRunner... they told me that they were swamped with calls this morning -- specifically from people with DLink routers who were having similar problems. They had me wire it straight from modem to mac & voila! all problems solved... aside from now not having any wireless! Has also been slow & fussy with a crap signal for about 2 weeks now. Box is less than 6 months old. So.... if you've got a problem similar to this one, call DLink and see what they can do about it... that's my next step, but for now... having lost 4 hours worth of work & assuming DLink will already be swamped... I wait.

mtimmins

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 08:44:16 AM »

For me it could have been a lot of site, I only tried the one.

Is RoadRunner your ISP? Cable provider?

I'm up in Canada, and my ISP is Shaw Cable, and I have cable internet also.

The only thing I use wireless for atm is my xbox, so it's not a huge problem because I don't use my computer and the xbox at the same time, but it's really annoying.