• April 26, 2024, 11:42:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DVG-1120 (S/M version) Firmware Source  (Read 42866 times)

mazilo

• Level 1 Member
DVG-1120 (S/M version) Firmware Source
« on: November 03, 2008, 01:04:37 PM »

I am sure a lot of people own an old and discontinued DLink DVG-1120 (S/M version) Gateway VoIP. I wonder if it is possible to convince DLink to GPL the firmware source for this device so that it can be re-develop to bring back a once very stable and powerful product. Anyone?

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
Re: DVG-1120 (S/M version) Firmware Source
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »

Unfortunately, that will not be possible. The code is proprietary.

scheblein

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 10:28:13 PM »

...So basically we all own bricks?

hacksillumine

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »

These units were specifically made for the VoIP service AT&T Callvantage. If you're lucky enough to get the runtime module and the prom update, you'll have yourself a really nice, free, voip box. This update brings the unit from 1120M to 1120S. Still can't use the other phone jack; there's no relays, or code to support it.

Calling AT&T for the password is also futile. Callvantage is no longer in business, but their VoIP boxes live on. Like any crumbling empire, the emperor spits his last breath of death at thee. Unlocking these boxes so their customers, and the rest of the public, could use them would not dilute their earnings, nor would it take away from their revenue. In my opinion, the only reason AT&T offered this voip service was to keep from looking worse then they already do, and continue to hold onto their rights on this box for no other reason but spike and malice.