• April 25, 2024, 08:09:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Add-on "PlexMedia Server v0.9.12.8" for D-Link NAS  (Read 22500 times)

lexnunes

• Level 1 Member
Re: Add-on "PlexMedia Server v0.9.12.8" for D-Link NAS
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 07:37:55 AM »

Hi, my first time installing this add-on.

I tried installing this version and when enable the plex and click on the icon, I received the message: 404 - Not Found. First I tried restart the 327L, but the error continues. After I did the restore to factory, reinstalled again and the same error.

I tried install the version 1.07 and when I connect received the message: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I don't know what can I do.

Sorry for the english, I'm brazillian. ;D ;D

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 09:28:02 AM »

Hi, my first time installing this add-on.

I tried installing this version and when enable the plex and click on the icon, I received the message: 404 - Not Found. First I tried restart the 327L, but the error continues. After I did the restore to factory, reinstalled again and the same error.

I tried install the version 1.07 and when I connect received the message: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I don't know what can I do.

Sorry for the english, I'm brazillian. ;D ;D

With Plex you can not hurry! After installation you need to wait at least a few minutes. The NAS processor is rather weak for such a "heavy," as Plex.
After you start Plex and wait 5-10 minutes (first start). After this "pause" you can go in the web interface.
Those who hurry will get "404" and "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".
For those users who do not like to wait, I recommend Twonky.
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

lexnunes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 05:11:47 AM »

Hi.. thx for the reply.

I followed the following steps:

1 Reinstalled the version 1.08. Wait 1hr, after this the same error. I restarted a few time.;
2 Uninstalled the 1.08;
3 Installed 1.07. Wait per 1hr and I receveid the same error, I restarted a few times too;
4 Intalled 1.08, again, waited, and same error.

Any other version I can test?

thx

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 06:10:16 AM »

1 Reinstalled the version 1.08. Wait 1hr, after this the same error. I restarted a few time.;
2 Uninstalled the 1.08;
3 Installed 1.07. Wait per 1hr and I receveid the same error, I restarted a few times too;

Removed on my DNS-327L add-on Plex. Install version add-on it is 1.08. Installing and unzipping took ~3-4 minutes. The Plex web interface is opened without problems.
http://ip_my_nas:32400/web/index.html

Current NAS Firmware Version: 1.04
Firmware Date: 06/29/2015
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 07:51:35 AM »

Hi.. thx for the reply.

2 Uninstalled the 1.08;

thx

Can you try a reboot of NAS after installation..then give it a few minutes before accessing Plex

Let us know if this fixes your issue.

lexnunes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 09:57:26 AM »

Hi.. thx for the reply.

2 Uninstalled the 1.08;

thx

Can you try a reboot of NAS after installation..then give it a few minutes before accessing Plex

Thx again.

I followed the 2 tips and nothing.

I reinstalled the version 8 and the same error.  After i installed version 7 and version 5, but still the port error. ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

And always waiting 10~15 min.

I was with the firmware version 1.05, but I did the downgrade to 1.04, but still the error...

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 11:13:34 AM »

Hi.. thx for the reply.

2 Uninstalled the 1.08;

thx

Thx again.

I reinstalled the version 8 and the same error.  After i installed version 7 and version 5, but still the port error. ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I was with the firmware version 1.05, but I did the downgrade to 1.04, but still the error...

OK one more suggestion from me - install QuiXplorer or use other if you can access the main folders on the NAS - unistall Plex - reboot NAS - open QuiXplorer and browse to Nas_Prog folder and delete Plex folder if it exists also delete plex_start.log from main folder.  Then fresh install Plex and reboot

HTH  (fingers crossed and on my knees praying)

lexnunes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 07:15:24 AM »

Hi.. thx for the reply.

2 Uninstalled the 1.08;

thx

Thx again.

OK one more suggestion from me - install QuiXplorer or use other if you can access the main folders on the NAS - unistall Plex - reboot NAS - open QuiXplorer and browse to Nas_Prog folder and delete Plex folder if it exists also delete plex_start.log from main folder.  Then fresh install Plex and reboot

HTH  (fingers crossed and on my knees praying)

After so many attempts, the plex worked. I changed the HD to another formated HD and worked.

It is working well, when a played in PC or TV, but when a try play a movie in android phone or iphone, I receive the message: the server is not powerful enough to convert video.

Is this message common?

When I see the status, the cpu is normal but the memory is almost full.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 08:49:27 AM »

It is working well, when a played in PC or TV, but when a try play a movie in android phone or iphone, I receive the message: the server is not powerful enough to convert video.

Is this message common?

The Plex server is free, but client need money https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexapp.android
If you look at the DLNA, it is better to use free MiniDLNA
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 12:59:48 PM »

After so many attempts, the plex worked. I changed the HD to another formated HD and worked.

Is this message common?

Yes it's common with Plex and why I switched to Kodi on another device to act as media browser/streamer.  In basic terms your device does not have the necessary computing power to "convert" the stream.

Basically Plex has issues with mkv but also your NAS has issues.

Some recommend Twonky b ut it's still not nice to look at

There is an addon for HTPC Manager that should somehow support XBMC (now Kodi) but nobody has explained how it should work and I've tried everything except using a silver bullet  ;)

Added You are either going to have to convert videos (or change containers) or rip/download new in different format/container or try Kodi on another device
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:02:44 PM by philphil61 »

masterxilef

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »

HTPCmanager it's not meant to play/transcode or do anything with videos like plex does.
It's just an interface to manage other services like torrent downloaders (transmission, deluge. etc.), sickrage (tv shows downloads). couchpotato (movies) and so on.

I also use Kodi to play all my stuff, nice interface, runs great on a raspberry, play all my files directly from my nas via smb, no transcoding needed.

For people that want an alternative to Plex, you might want to check out Emby, it's basically the same as plex but free both server and clients.
There´s even a plugin for Kodi that lets you use the Emby server library but using Kodi player and interface, pretty neat stuff.

However, I don't think we will be able to run Emby on our DLink nases because it requires mono (which is not available as an addon yet), and it is a bit heavy, at least on the ram side. But running it from a windows/linux server works fine.
I think now it´s even available for the raspberry pi 2, however I don't have one yet so I can't tell for sure.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 03:04:35 AM »

HTPCmanager it's not meant to play/transcode or do anything with videos like plex does.
It's just an interface to manage other services like torrent downloaders (transmission, deluge. etc.), sickrage (tv shows downloads). couchpotato (movies) and so on.

I also use Kodi to play all my stuff, nice interface, runs great on a raspberry, play all my files directly from my nas via smb, no transcoding needed.

For people that want an alternative to Plex, you might want to check out Emby, it's basically the same as plex but free both server and clients.
There´s even a plugin for Kodi that lets you use the Emby server library but using Kodi player and interface, pretty neat stuff.

However, I don't think we will be able to run Emby on our DLink nases because it requires mono (which is not available as an addon yet), and it is a bit heavy, at least on the ram side. But running it from a windows/linux server works fine.
I think now it´s even available for the raspberry pi 2, however I don't have one yet so I can't tell for sure.

Agree with everything you say....but can't vote up your comment...how sad !

I'm wondering if you have time to create basic instructions for Emby, in a new thread maybe - and yes I'm well aware it's not directly D Link related but it does make "best practice (use) of the NAS as currently there is little in the way of functionality outside of LAN.

Added

I said I agree but then looked again at the HTPCManager addon  http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=61262.0

It clearly states
A home theater PC (HTPC) or media center computer is a convergence device that combines some or all the capabilities of a personal computer with a software application that supports video, photo, audio playback, and sometimes video recording functionality.

Am I missing something or just plain stupid?   lol
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:08:41 AM by philphil61 »

masterxilef

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 06:27:16 PM »

Sure, I´m actually testing emby right now (again, used it before for a little bit, but because I´m using mysql I didn't need it at the moment, but now planning on moving to emby), trying to roll a small ubuntu server on an old netbook I had laying arround.
Just need to know what OS/device you plan on using it to help you.

About that, I don´t know how to say this without sounding arrogant plus english not my first language, but what you are seeing there it's just the definition for a HTPC, NOT HTPCmanager (the software and addon itself), that I belive is from wikipedia actually.

As I said, HTPCmanager it's just a nice interface to control/interact with other software, AFAIK there's no video transcoding functions, there's a fork however that adds funcions to it in the form of other software but nothing like vide/library managment or something like that AFAIK, will look into it again when I have free time.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 04:42:10 AM »

Sure, I´m actually testing emby right now (again, used it before for a little bit, but because I´m using mysql I didn't need it at the moment, but now planning on moving to emby), trying to roll a small ubuntu server on an old netbook I had laying arround.
Just need to know what OS/device you plan on using it to help you.

About that, I don´t know how to say this without sounding arrogant plus english not my first language, but what you are seeing there it's just the definition for a HTPC, NOT HTPCmanager (the software and addon itself), that I belive is from wikipedia actually.

As I said, HTPCmanager it's just a nice interface to control/interact with other software, AFAIK there's no video transcoding functions, there's a fork however that adds funcions to it in the form of other software but nothing like vide/library managment or something like that AFAIK, will look into it again when I have free time.

To say English isn't your native language I'm impressed - respect sir ;)
I'm assuming Emby settings will not differ much between OS (I'm using Windows 7)
And the addon Emby for Kodi  settings should also not be that different

I'm also curious about you comment about mysql
I have Kodi on my PC and tablet and mobile phone and I'm also looking for simple instructions on how to get the database onto the 320L and allow Kodi to access this.

So my good friend - if you have time and even with a language difference - I am prepared to offer my time and help to translate or test or whatever is needed so that we can help each other and help others too.

If you need to create instructions in your language I will accept and try my best to translate/understand etc.  I'm no linguist but know a few words in other languages ;)

Thanks again masterxilef

masterxilef

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 08:13:01 AM »

Thanks, I try learning english as much as I can

You are correct, emby doesn´t differ much between every os but it´s a little easier to get it going on windows as far as I can tell (just a little).

Just one more question before I can help you, how many users use your Kodi media center?

Also, what Kodi version are you using?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:17:35 AM by masterxilef »
Pages: 1 [2] 3