The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2330L

Poor night vision

<< < (2/3) > >>

cmontyburns:
These cameras have only one LED illuminator and as such are not designed for good might vision outside a few feet.  Yes, you can dial in various picture settings to help, but mostly they will introduce noise or remove detail -- good enough to trigger a motion alert, perhaps, if that's what you're after, but not good enough to see the source of the motion with any fidelity.

If you really want your camera to be effective in the dark, you'll need to pair it with an external IR illuminator.  That's what I did.  They are quite inexpensive, and my 2330 now sees 25-50 feet in the dark with good detail and no fiddling with the picture settings.

FurryNutz:
If you can suggest a external illuminator for users to check out, would be helpful.

Thank you.

--- Quote from: cmontyburns on April 23, 2016, 07:32:51 PM ---These cameras have only one LED illuminator and as such are not designed for good might vision outside a few feet.  Yes, you can dial in various picture settings to help, but mostly they will introduce noise or remove detail -- good enough to trigger a motion alert, perhaps, if that's what you're after, but not good enough to see the source of the motion with any fidelity.

If you really want your camera to be effective in the dark, you'll need to pair it with an external IR illuminator.  That's what I did.  They are quite inexpensive, and my 2330 now sees 25-50 feet in the dark with good detail and no fiddling with the picture settings.

--- End quote ---

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 25, 2016, 07:09:47 AM ---If you can suggest a external illuminator for users to check out, would be helpful.

Thank you.

--- End quote ---

I bought this and the smaller wisecom from tigerdirect a few years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Clover-Electronics-IR030-Vision-45-Feet/dp/B0002J1JEK

They do run REALLY HOT.  The window is glass, and looks/feels like aluminum housing.

Now that I have a temp sensor I should see what it really is.

The used on one Amazon is definitely over priced.

This order was 8/2013:

Clover IR-010 20 LED IR Super Illuminator (YYI1-T48614)  $34.99
Clover IR-045 IR Super Illuminator - 68 IR LEDs With 45' Range (YYI1-T48615) $42.47

cmontyburns:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 25, 2016, 07:09:47 AM ---If you can suggest a external illuminator for users to check out, would be helpful.

Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Sure thing.  I even started a thread on it when I bought the thing.  :)

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=60669.0

Currently only USD $15, although you do have to add a power supply.

FurryNutz:
Hope it helps users out.  ;) Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version