D-Link Network Video Recorders > DNR-312L

UPnP Port Forwarding

(1/3) > >>

dougb:
According to my Netgear Orbi router, my DNR-312L is configuring port forwarding rules to forward port external 80 to internal port 80 on the DNR-312L, and external port 443 to internal port 443 on the DNR-312L. From looking at the configuration, there is nothing about UPnP, so apparently I cannot disable this. I don't think it's a good idea to have port 80 and port 443 open on my router, as I believe that will result in hackers wondering what else they might be able to get to, drawing unwanted attention to my IP address.

I really don't like my DNR-312L being accessible like this, so I'm wondering if its possible to disable this port forwarding, beyond disabling UPnP on the router altogether. Any assistance is appreciated!

FurryNutz:
uPnP is needed for it's connection to LAN side cameras. Not sure if disabling this would work. Also if you have the DNR associated with mydlink.com services, this is needed as well.

If you don't need anything from the WAN side you can try this on your router for the DNR:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=74600.0

ZeljkoM:
Hi, I have question about network settings at DNR-312.

So, we have it for more then 2 years, it allways worked fine. Recently I noticed that I can't connect to device remotely. So I checked network settings (network setup), and there's missing gateway. When I input it, it seems that DNR saves settings, but when I get back to same tab, field is empty, and DNS is set as default gateway?

What should be done? Current fw version 1.07.10

FurryNutz:
Gateway IP address would be the IP address of your main host router, i.e. 192.168.0.1 or similar.

--- Quote from: ZeljkoM on May 17, 2019, 07:47:56 AM ---Hi, I have question about network settings at DNR-312.

So, we have it for more then 2 years, it allways worked fine. Recently I noticed that I can't connect to device remotely. So I checked network settings (network setup), and there's missing gateway. When I input it, it seems that DNR saves settings, but when I get back to same tab, field is empty, and DNS is set as default gateway?

--- End quote ---

ZeljkoM:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on May 17, 2019, 08:16:27 AM ---Gateway IP address would be the IP address of your main host router, i.e. 192.168.0.1 or similar.

--- Quote from: ZeljkoM on May 17, 2019, 07:47:56 AM ---Hi, I have question about network settings at DNR-312.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I know that. Router is on the same address at it was when it worked fine... Just I can't remember, do I have to enable some port forwarding on my router to make DNR access to internet? Or it has access by it self?

Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version