• April 23, 2024, 05:26:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGL4500/Shareport/laser printer  (Read 3312 times)

jimmurray1946

• Level 1 Member
DGL4500/Shareport/laser printer
« on: November 02, 2009, 11:05:35 PM »

My DGL4500 connected with my Samsung clp300 printer on initial setup of shareport. (I was able to print one test page before it quit) Now however the clp300 shows on the shareport list but when I connect, it lists the printer as available but never actually connects. I have re installed my clp300 drivers (after a clean removal) and still have not been able to make a connection. I get the same show on the list of available USB devices, "Samsung CLP 300 printer", but when I hit connect it will still only state "Available" yet never complete the connection. Very frustrating. I am able to connect to the printer via a hard wire (USB port on my desktop computer) which works as it should, but can not get a connection through the router USB port (other than on the initial setup). Just continues to attempt to connect then shows as "available" but never will connect. Any suggestions on my next step?

jdiffend

• Level 2 Member
Re: DGL4500/Shareport/laser printer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 06:57:16 AM »

*IF* this is the same problem I had with hard drives, but with a printer, then you should be able to reboot the router and you'll be able to connect again.
If the printer is connected to the router after it has started it will appear active but you won't be able to connect.

That problem seems to have been fixed with the latest beta firmware but I've still had some lockups related to shareport and I've had to kill shareport on my machine to continue using it.