The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-327L

How to view multiple cameras on mydlink or alternatives.

(1/2) > >>

Del_CtrlnoAlt:
Hi,

I'm wondering if I'm able to view 4 cameras (which was what it was supposed to) on a screen via internet connection.

Currently, I could view each cam via mydlink website and/or using mydlink lite app on android or iOS.

If I access the NAS's IP within the network where it resides, I can use My Surveillance (Surveillance Center), to access the page to view all 4 cameras. But when I use the mydlink website, which have the NAS device listed, clicking on the Applications tab opens a new page, but does not show the My Surveillance app.

Is there something I need to install or I've bought a wrong product to view multiple DLink cameras over the internet.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Del_CtrlnoAlt:
pretty much a dead forum here... any other support group forum for Dlink?

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: Del_CtrlnoAlt on November 06, 2013, 06:41:46 PM ---pretty much a dead forum here... any other support group forum for Dlink?

--- End quote ---

The DNS-327L is a new product and we only created this board several weeks ago.  Allow some time and I'm sure traffic will pick up to match the other product boards.

This forum is the official support board for D-Link USA.

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: Del_CtrlnoAlt on November 04, 2013, 08:25:41 PM ---Hi,

I'm wondering if I'm able to view 4 cameras (which was what it was supposed to) on a screen via internet connection.

Currently, I could view each cam via mydlink website and/or using mydlink lite app on android or iOS.

If I access the NAS's IP within the network where it resides, I can use My Surveillance (Surveillance Center), to access the page to view all 4 cameras. But when I use the mydlink website, which have the NAS device listed, clicking on the Applications tab opens a new page, but does not show the My Surveillance app.

Is there something I need to install or I've bought a wrong product to view multiple DLink cameras over the internet.

--- End quote ---

The mydlink website and mydlink Lite application only supports one concurrent camera view.  The mydlink+ application, which works on tablet devices, supports a four camera pane view (i.e. four concurrent feeds on the same screen).

You can probably use port forwarding on your router to obtain outside access to the DNS-327L off of your network.

Del_CtrlnoAlt:
Have solved the viewing 4 cams with another program in Android by setting a common ddns with different ports.

which then again, doesn't solve the problem with the 327L.

Lets say, I have a ddns pointed directly to the router, then setting each camera to ports say 100,200,300 & 400. Then 327L to 500.

I can now view 4 cams with the android using different ports.

And accessing the 327L in the home network will be able to view all 4 cams. But when using it outside the network, the 327L will show no camera on the surveillance if accessing port 500 as 327L connects to the camera via DHCP ip addresses instead of the DDNS url.

So is there a way to configure the 327L to access all the camera via ddns?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version