• April 26, 2024, 02:11:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DFL-800 problem to forward port to a PC on the LAN from a different public IP  (Read 5256 times)

nivoro

• Level 1 Member

I want to forward xxx.xxx.xxx.245 public IP on LAN IP yyy.yyy.yyy.240, I have followed this:

How do I forward a port to a computer on the LAN interface from a different public IP?

Step 1: Create an Address Book Folder.
Step 2: Add a IP Address object that represents the LAN address of our server we wish to forward the traffic to.
Step 3: Add a IP Address object that represents the WAN address of our server we wish to forward the traffic from.
Step 4: Add an ARP entry so that the DFL-800 will respond to ARP requests for our new public IP. (MAC:00-00-00-00-00-00)
Step 5: Create a folder to hold all of our port forwarding IP Rules.
Step 6: Add an IP rule, it will be a SAT type rule and will follow the below guidelines. [...]
Step 7: Now add a second IP Rule, it will be a NAT type rule and will follow the below guidelines.  [...]
Step 8: Save and activate the changes.
A port forward to a computer on the LAN interface from a different public IP has been made.

but without succesful, where can be the problem?

In connection status I have this:

SYN_RCVD    TCP    lan:yyy.yyy.yyy.88:54559    lan:xxx.xxx.xxx.245:80   58

where yyy.yyy.yyy.88 is my local IP and xxx.xxx.xxx.245 is the added public IP, nothing about yyy.yyy.yyy.240

Fatman

• Level 9 Member

You are going to want to use a second rule with type Allow unless you have a bit of an odd environment.

Did you add a route matching the below?
Interface   Network      Gateway   Metric
Core      New_WAN_IP         0

If not then you will need to change your destination interface to WAN, if you do you can leave your destination interface as core.

non progredi est regredi

nivoro

• Level 1 Member

Did you add a route matching the below?
Interface   Network      Gateway   Metric
Core      New_WAN_IP         0

Yes, but doesn't work! Is there something else that can be wrong?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member

If your rules are correct it should work, we are going to have to either see rules or a full config file to go much farther.
non progredi est regredi